The Night Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night Chronicles

A forum dedicated to the Night Chronicles, a current work in progress.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story Part 1

Go down 
+3
strtrknaxdunivrs
lunavantango
badgerbuddy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Wearily, he watched. The man was dressed in pure white. “What ironic symbolism… most likely on purpose. A drama king.” He was clearly a vampire. And a rather boring one at that. He had watched the games of seduction played upon the human women – Kieran found the whole thing boring. No smiling, no laughing. This type of guy was only good for brooding.

But, despite this disfavor for his personality, Kieran kept a careful watch on his actions. The vampire resembled the men… no, rather the women of the east. Was that meant to look vampiric too? “Stupid women attract other stupid women” He seemed fairly non-threatening for the moment, and not looking for a fight.

Nevertheless, Kieran remained annoyed with his presence. There was something he didn’t like. But there was no reason to interfere, so he only kept his eye on Addie.

He had to. Although she had an ardent hate for the undead blood suckers – greater than any other he had ever come across – she was trusting. He had smiled knowingly when she went to the boy, but that smile quickly fell when it was apparent the vampire was… involved.

“Good evening… Addie” He said oh so smoothly.

His intentions were unclear, and she was prone to impulsive acts when it came to things such as these. Kieran wanted nothing more than to dirty up that stupid and unnecessarily white outfit. Instead, he waited.

~ * ~

Addie slowed her breathing. Her head was still tilted downward, as if she was addressing a small child, but her gaze was locked onto the dark aura-filled person before her. The two drinks were lightly buzzing through her head as she processed the reason for his close proximity.

She quickly glanced from him to the boy, then to the purse that was being put away by the pale man. She bristled at her revelation.

“What, the women weren’t enough to satisfy you?”

The way he was smiling put a bitter taste in her mouth. “Or do little boys always give away their money to you?” there was a pause as Addie’s expression changed to one of confusion. He had addressed her using her name. “Do you know me?”

“No” he replied, “but I shall soon”. He held his hand out in a swift fluid motion, as if he expected her to give her own for a kiss. In doing so, he also took a step closer. She shoved both him and his hand away, hissing a low threat. “Don’t think you can get so close, vampire.”

“Sir?”

Addie turned to the boy, who had spoken. His appearance was the same as before, that lackluster, almost gray demeanor hadn’t left him. But it was apparent he was surprised at her actions. She moved beside the boy as if to protect him. “Are you hurt at all?” she was about to search him for bite marks, but twisted her gaze back, where the young boy was staring at his master. She got up and moved closer to the vampire, her temper flaring.

“What, mad that I’m not acting like those idiots?” She stuck her tongue out. “not used to rejection, are you?”

Last edited by amaSenpai on Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:46 pm

<<“What, the women weren’t enough to satisfy you?”>>

“Is my satisfaction any concern of yours?” He countered, smirking evilly at her indignant growls, keeping his expression as calm and quiet as the mask of a statue. Being unaware of what she was, he had to be weary of her responses and push her only so little at a time, studying each and every movement to the very last detail. <<The way he was smiling put a bitter taste in her mouth. “Or do little boys always give away their money to you?”>> Reino simply continued smiling, keeping to silence, appearing somehow smug, as if he were keeping a great secret. As the pause broke with another question from the inquisitive one, the vampire leaned off the bar to make a fair return by offering up his name but was denied the courtesy of a formal introduction and shoved back so forcefully that he resorted to taking a step back. She actually hissed at him, <<“Don’t think you can get so close, vampire.”>> Reino chuckled quietly and leaned his chin in his hand, “So there’s a little bit of kitten in you yet… how amusing.” He resumed his watchful occupation as Addie hovered over the little Mexican, touchingly but uselessly concerned for his safety.

Niccoli’s eyes hardened just a bit when that woman came towards him again, pretending to be all maternal didn’t fool him for a second. Her eyes clouded with worry and her hands came towards the black ascot. Niccoli, with surprising conviction, slapped them away and turned up his collar, glaring at her with a stare that seemed to say, ‘How dare you’. The barmaid returned and set a plate of fries and a burger before the starved child, topping it off with a chocolate shake she assured was on-the-house, smiling brightly, expecting the shouts of joy and smiles that usually followed. Instead, Niccoli began eating in silence, taking in the food only one piece at a time, and slowly, despite his obvious hunger. Periodically, he glanced back to his master, to be sure that he was not waiting for him. Disappointed, the maid went away, grumbling about ungratefulness.

Needless to say, Addie was easily distracted from Niccoli and again pursued attacking the offensive Reino. Her temper rising, the curious little thing risked coming closer to him, just as he calculated her to do. Women were irrational creatures to begin with, adding alcohol practically stamped VICTIM on their foreheads. <<“What, mad that I’m not acting like those idiots?” She stuck her tongue out, “not used to rejection, are you?”>> “No”, his arm appeared at the curve of her back, “I’m not used to rejection…” pale fingers curled around the back of her head. His face hovered close in front of hers but, leaning down, he passed it and softly inhaled the musky aroma off her hair, whispering to her acute ears, “Mmm, with such an exotic smell as yours, I can only imagine what you taste like…” With his chin slightly over Addie’s shoulder, Reino’s eyes flashed towards the male that had been watching them this whole time and proceeded to grin defiantly at him, certain that, if he really wished for a confrontation, that he’d have done so by now. Reino’s cool hand lowered just slightly around Addie’s hip before he took his eyes away from the male in the back. Before Addie’s expected violent reaction to his friendliness, Reino left her side and again leaned behind Niccoli- using him as a human shield from the creature’s wrath. That’s the trouble with caring about something; it can always be used against you. He grinned again, warning; “Now they’re jealous”. The kittens, as expected, were now giving death glares to Reino’s new plaything, imagining that his romantic focus was reserved solely for her and, seeing her as competition for his affections, determined to destroy her. They didn’t do anything more than glare for now, but their useful involvement only aided in keeping Addie’s temper to a manageable level.

Keeping respectable distance, but not wishing to be overheard, Reino's voice began to penetrate Addie's mind, while his lips remained frozen in a cruel smile. I have never encountered a creature like you before... You have the misfortune of capturing my interest. Tell me, what are you? The more reserved you are, the more I will pursue you. Tell me what I want to hear and I'll trouble you no more. Unless, of course,... you like my troubling you? His deceitful smile widened.

"The vampire's name, by the way, is Reino."
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:48 pm

John had recovered just as well as anyone could've hoped. He was sitting up in Cory's bed, frowning slightly. He was thinking about his cousin Arthur. Katherine had just informed him that Cory was on his way to Cleveland to pick up Arthur and his vampire captive. Of all the family, John was the least happy with Arthur, and he had good reason to be. He wasn't sure how he would act to/around Arthur. He let out a breath of frustration and rubbed the back of his neck. He decided to just not think about it. He also decided that he was tired of being in a bed and felt plenty well enough to get out. He threw back the sheets and swung his legs around to the side of the bed. He found Katherine in the kitchen. She looked like she was about to ask him if he needed more medicine or ice bags or if it was really alright that he was out of bed or something along those lines, so he spoke quickly, "I'm fine, just sore…really," he assured her.

"Well…alright," she looked skeptical, but accepted his words.

"Thanks for taking care of me Katherine," he said.

"John…" she threw her arms around him, "we're so glad you're alright."
Back to top Go down
http://strtrknaxdunivrvs.tumblr.com/
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:20 pm

“Attack, attack, attack, attack...” His arms had been around her, that THING had held her. Addie clenched her fists in unadulterated rage. Then that damned voice echoed in her head. Her own private mind. That was the final thing she could stand. The last vampire to have touched her had ended up dead. This one was no different. The end would be the same. The lighting of the room dimmed in her line of vision, and her focus was purely on the vampire. On… Reino.

“Oh, yes, what am I?” There was a moment silence as her rage seemed to collect. She smiled at him strangely, a bizarre superior air surrounding her. The vampire had tainted her sanity with his touch, and so to protect the remaining humanity… to get away from those memories, she would kill.

Awareness increased, and she could feel, hear, the blood rush delightfully through her body. “People?” That strong pull for blood consumed her thoughts; her natural concern for others was thrown aside. “If that man’s blood spills, then their safety does not matter.”

Yes. She wanted blood, the beauty of it… her eyes darkened, as if the soul that lit them was being contained. That humanity was becoming numb. She half closed her eyes, and averted her gaze as if to beckon Reino.

“A vampire, who doesn’t know of the world?” She laughed. The jealousy of the women in the corner waned, an unknown uneasiness drifting into the air. “You will not trouble me any—“

Kieran pulled the girl to himself, cutting her off. “No, darling. Calm yourself.” His voice was soothing, but his own look didn’t exactly scream ‘calm’. The normally cheerful expression he wore had disappeared, left to show a dangerous hate. He directed his attention to Reino. “You don’t touch her”

Reino watched his assailant calmly. “So you are the same…”

Addie seemed to snap into her normal state. Kieran sighed and guided her out, rapping her lightly on the head. “Alright,” He also seemed to become his normal self. “Time to leave. A fight wouldn’t do you good. And I… have things to do.”

He glanced backward to Reino. “Follow, and I will kill you.” He said it in such a matter-of-fact manner, there was no dispute he probably could. “I do not forgive twice.”

Last edited by amaSenpai on Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Niccoli's hand paused in front of his mouth; he was too distracted by this abnormal encounter between these two unearthly beings to remember that he was starving. Master never acted like this before... He-he was really smiling. Albeit a cruel and calculating smile full of pride but still, he was smiling. Why did the Master change so suddenly? This Addie... was she really so special? More special than him? Of course. After all, he was only human. Watching with a dazed sense of awe and alarm, the little Mexican observed the fury wafting off the female creature. If Niccoli weren't so certain of his Master's indestructibility, he may have believed it possible that she'd tear him apart. However, before the carnage could begin, another male, of the same species, appeared by her side and directed her out of the bar. Looking cautiously back at his master, the same painted mask resided on his face, permanently smiling, though the eyes betrayed a tiny glimmer of confusion.

Her eyes just then... the way her body stiffened. I felt undeniable power in her. A great surge of it, like a swelling tidal wave just before it comes crashing down upon the shore. There's a killer's will inside her. Her intent was obvious. But even more than that. She bared her teeth like an animal, eyes focused for the kill. Was she actually thinking of attacking him? What a stupid thing to do, to loose your head in front of all these witnesses. It was easy to tell that her mind was simple and on a one way track, forever repeating a single moment in her life. Most likely the moment that must have hardened her heart against his kind forever. There was just something about her eyes, the way they burned for him. Could it be the same look he gave to his prey? Could it be that they shared that blood lust? His lips curled a little wider at the thought of it, "How intriguing" he whispered to himself, too quietly for Niccoli to pick up.

Instead, Niccoli set down his half-eaten burger and hopped off the stool, walking mechanically towards the door. It was this that finally caused Reino to return to this world, flicking his eyes instantly to the moving child. Still in a pensive state, Reino considered Niccoli for the first time since their meeting, I've killed a million petty souls, but somehow I couldn't kill you... and as he saw the impish boy disappear from the door frame, he felt, at last, there was a use for him.

As the two creatures had begun to depart from the rowdy bar that had suddenly lost its fun, the quiet foot steps of a light weighted being echoed behind them. When they stopped, so did he. They continued forward, he followed. Finally, Kieran whipped his head around, muscles tensed for a fight, and saw... nothing. His eyes traveled down. The boy that Addie had approached was standing there silently staring back at him- his eyes seemed so dead for such a young child. "Wolf..." he uttered. The tone of that single word held such a blind certainty. The child knew, without a doubt, what they were. But startled as they were, his soft featured face and ragamuffin appearance easily won them to a level of compassion that assured the little one that it was safe to come closer. He came quite close, in fact, stopping just two feet before them and raised his hand to point and repeat, "Wolf" like an accusation. Addie and Kieran exchanged glances. There was no way that a human child could know of things like this... even the vampire was unaware. A small wooden rosary dangled about Niccoli's neck in front of his black ascot and after a good pointing, his hand finally lowered and curled around it. His head also lowered, his bangs hung down over his eyes, and he appeared to be unable to look at them and speak at the same time. He stammered a few syllables and then swallowed hard, taking courage to whisper something personal,

"My mother told me that the wolf was my totem animal."

"She said that a totem animal was a spirit guide meant to protect the ones that shared their spirit. She said that wolves protect me if I'm danger. But it wasn't a wolf that found me. It was something... else..." Niccoli's tiny hand slowly tightened around his cross, as if saying these things were very hard for him, "I didn't think the wolves cared about me, because you never came. You didn't save me. Seeing you now... it makes me mad." Slowly his head raised up and the bangs swept forward in the passing wind, small angry tears welding in his eyes, "Where were you? Why has it taken you so long to find me!" The child's demanding gaze pierced into Addie's sympathetic heart, wanting her to feel sorry, wanting her to be upset. It was the wolves that let his mother and father die. It was the wolves that made his life so numb. They weren't there. They didn't save him. It was their fault he lived this way as a portable blood bank for his dark Master. Though he'd follow Reino to the ends of the earth, there was nothing to say that his death would matter at all to the vampire. Reino did not love him, no matter how much Niccoli prayed- the prayers went unanswered. He was nothing more to him than the dirt and the inability to connect caused him to become this shell of a child, not dead, but not really alive. Seeing the wolves that were meant to be his guides... he lashed out with a frightening desperation, as if his peace were somehow still obtainable, though he knew, with a sinking heart, that it was impossible. The things you want the most, by rule, are the things you have no chance at getting.
---
"Come",

He said at last, appearing suddenly a few feet away from the doorway, white clothing shimmering in the moonlight. He cast a sidelong glance upon the indignant pair and smiled slyly, I'm not following... Reino held his hand out for Niccoli and the boy, finally tearing his eyes away from his disloyal guardians, turned and ran to Reino, clasping his small arms around his waist and buried his tearful face into his vest. Pretending to be tender and paternal, Reino softly closed his arms around the boy and held him gently closer, causing him to shiver in his chilly embrace. "Come now," he repeated in a whisper, stroking his hair. Slowly opening up his arms to release him, Reino closed his slender fingers around Niccoli's hand and directed him forward, looking back a last time at Addie with mockingly tender eyes... Sayonara, echoed his voice in her mind. He turned his head around and began walking forward with his boy.

Carried by the wind, a white feather from Reino's cape floated back to Addie, sliding just across the curve of her cheek as it passed her, as if the very wind were on his side, wishing to remind her of his unwanted phantom touch.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:17 pm

Cory's lips parted as his eyes opened a little wider. There were two reasons for this; 1) The vampire Arthur was carrying appeared to have a tree lodged in her chest 2) He recognized her. "Uhh…" he held out a hand to tell Arthur to stop advancing.

Arthur froze, "What?"

"Why does she…" he was still taking in the site of the heavily mangled vampire " have a tree in her?

"I had to stake her."

"With thatgeez"

Arthur raised an eyebrow as to say 'You care about the welfare of a vampire?'

Cory shook his head in disbelief, then declared: "She's not getting in my car like that." Evelyn's condition had not changed since Arthur had plunged the branch through her chest. She had large open wounds and was covered in grime and blood. Cory could barely recognize her, but he knew it was the same vampire he had met 2 nights ago. He watched her face, surely she wouldn't have forgotten him, but she did not acknowledge this.

Suddenly, and with no sound, Laufeia was approaching. Arthur's head whipped in her direction, "Who's that?"

"A friend."

"Who is it."

Cory didn't answer, he watched Laufeia approach. Arthur dropped Evelyn to the ground. She had been staring straight upward the whole time and continued to do so.

Laufeia stood beside Cory. Arthur's nose wrinkled as he bared his teeth. His throat rumbled just slightly.

"Shut-up Arthur."

"What is she?"

"I told you, she's a friend." Laufeia kneeled down and reached for the branch in Evelyn's chest. She grasped it firmly and pulled it out in a flash with ease. Arthur snarled for real in response.

"What is she doing!" he roared.

"I don't know, but that thing sure wasn't getting in my car all bloody and gross," Cory answered, "Besides, we want her to help us. Would you help someone if they left a tree lodged in your chest?" Arthur mumbled something about it not being a tree. Laufeia stayed low to the ground to look at Evelyn. Slowly, Evelyn's eyes moved toward Laufeia's face. Not because she was grateful to, or curious about who had de-staked her, but because, like everyone else, she had no idea what to make of Laufeia. The two females looked into eachother's eyes for a moment, studying each other. Then Laufeia stood up and turned to face Cory.

We'll let her heal till the wounds are closed.

"Don't you think, that might take a while?"

What else can we do?

Cory turned around and took a few steps towards his car and let out a sigh. He turn around and dropped to the ground, leaning against a tire, "great…and my car is still going to smell of vampire for months."
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm

After traveling far enough away from Addie and her mate, Reino's hand dropped his hold on Niccoli and went to adjust his feathery cape, appearing to have lost interest in the pretense whereas the boy was just beginning to hope for its sincerity. What a fool...he shunned himself, deciding, instead, to hold his hands behind himself and lower his head. They walked on for a tiring distance. Niccoli could already feel the energy of his light meal slowly draining from his lithe body.

They drew nearer. After a time, quite a bit of time, the vampire and the Mexican came upon a cemetery, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 270459265_1b404d91eba large but ordinary cemetery with row upon row of headstones, dirt speckled statues and a handful of fine crafted marble tombs. An aged little shanty, a disgrace of a home, resided at the very back of the cemetery. This was their destination.
The Story Part 1 - Page 5 1809294099_28feb2f181
"Come", he again said, advancing onward, passed the wrought-iron gates onto the doorway of the creaking shack and bade the boy to knock. A great grumbling could be heard from behind the door, shuffling, a few things fall over and, finally, a little bang on the door and a scwable where the cover of the eye-piece was removed. "What the devil is it, you dog!" A gruff voice answered at once before a sqwinty eye peeked through the hole and discovered, with a startled cough, who it was he had spoken to. He opened the door at once, exposing a grotesque little man The Story Part 1 - Page 5 1332693968_f85e96e0c1with a hunched back, deformed mouth and one sqwinty brown eye, the other perfect blue. "Koukol..." greeted the vampire amusedly, all the more unnaturally beautiful when juxtaposed with this hideous man. The man immediately bowed respectfully to him, murmuring with a timid tremor, "Master..." Reino's languid and indifferent eyes watched as the one perfect eye of his man servant traveled from his face down to that of his boy, who seemed now to look like quite the cherub. Their heights were nearly matched, due to Koukol's hunch, and the directness with which he stared at Niccoli caused him to shudder and lean in towards Reino. Koukol sneered with undisguised jealousy, his half lip curled from one corner and a frightful growl, sounding more like a gurgle, began to rise from his throat. Reino, having no patience, proceeded inside the house, pushing Koukol to the side as he passed, Niccoli followed even closer behind.

"Who was it, daddy?" Questioned the voice of a dove, clear as a bell and quite feminine. Lillian, Koukol's beautiful daughter, stepped into the hall, mixing something in a bowl. When her eyes left the basinThe Story Part 1 - Page 5 1304991220_e8205e58a7_m and met with Reino, the thing fell right out of her hands and shattered upon the floor. "Hm," Reino barely acknowledged her, tilting his head towards her direction,
"How clumsy of you, Lily". The Story Part 1 - Page 5 2267503126_0f6b989cc9
She gawked at him in a deer-like trance, listening to his voice as if it were the first chair violin in a symphony. Reino's lip faintly curved in a smirk as he placed his hand upon the railing of the flimsy staircase, "I wish not to be disturbed...". Without another word, he disappeared into the second story, leaving Niccoli awkwardly behind. H-He doesn't want to be bothered. What am I going to do till he comes back? He didn't dare look back at the monster of a man he knew was glaring at him from behind. Instead he went, nearly ran, to the pretty girl of sixteen who was now cleaning up the mess off the floor. Niccoli grasped her by the arm and held with all his might as the uneven footsteps of her father came closer to him. Lillian paused and looked at him with some concern, "There there, you're alright. Nothing's gonna harm you..." she looked up to see the source of his fright and met the vicious face of her misunderstood father. "Daddy, he's our guest. Please, stop scaring him..." letting go of her wash rag, Lillian turned and comforted the little boy holding her by the arm.That thing is her father? H-How can that be?

"Now then, what's you're name?" His eyes still held some terror and he did not speak. "Come on, everyone has a name... If you don't tell me what it is, I'll be forced to give you another." No one had ever asked his name before; not since the fire. Reino never once called him by any name, his own or another, indeed, he had hardly ever addressed him at all. Everyone else was a stranger with no interest in him at all. It had been so long since anyone called his name that he nearly forgot that he had one. "N-Niccoli," he forced out, his voice kept in a hushed, insecure whisper. "That wasn't so hard, was it?" She smiled pleasantly at him and pet his hair, "I'm Lillian and this is my father, Koukol. Oh, daddy, do be nice." He had continued to glare at the intruder, irritated that he was being protected by his excessively kind daughter. He mumbled something in disgust and went into another room, Lillian sighed and returned her attention to Niccoli, "You'll have to forgive him... He's not a very social person." When she looked at him again, she noticed that he had taken the washrag from the floor and began cleaning the mess up for her. Her eyes softened tremendously as she watched, touched by the gesture. "Would you like to join us for dinner, Niccoli?" The child looked up at her, caught unaware. His eyes turned from her, uncertain if this was ok to do. "Please..." she pressed, placing her hand on his with tenderness Niccoli could only recall from distant memories. It was her kindness that won him, her sympathetic blue eyes that shone with love for him though he was nothing more to her than a beggar. She held such pure trust in her eyes... Niccoli nodded, solemnly, unable to deny his insatiable need to belong. Lillian's bright smile nearly melted his heart, "Wonderful. Just let me finish up this mess, then you can help me set the table."
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Addie felt drowsy. The anger from before was now gone, taking with it the girl's energy. The alcohol added to the weight upon her eyelids as she walked. She was warm, her body held tightly by Kieran as he guided her.

"what's wrong?" Her voice was soft. Quiet, yet inquisitive. Even in a half unconscious state, the stupid girl would think about others.

"Nothing, love" They were walking slowly through the town. Addie didn't know the destination, nor did Kieran. But as the quick 'Voosh' sound of an extremely fast car flew by, from what sounded like the street down, he knew.

The vampire he was... and STILL was... working for would like nothing more than to have Addie be out of the way. Her being with him would only give way to difficulties. To have her in such close proximity... the vampires would find out.

He looked down at the werewolf he held close to his side. If his mind was in the right sense, they wouldn't be this close... especially now. "I shouldn't be so affected by this." There was a sleepy smile on her lips and her body moved automatically without so much as a worry. He closed his eyes, looking away.

"It wouldn't have been this way" His thoughts were quick and irrational. "HE just had no right to touch her. I am only being protective."

"Thank you..." Addie's voice almost startled him; he thought she had fallen asleep. But there she was, brown eyes staring up toward him. His met her half-open gaze with a smile. "For what?" He couldn't go back. It was impossible, especially for someone like him. Even if he tried...

But no. He needed this war to start. If it took becoming the vampire's pawn, that was fine. If it meant fighting against the very person that he-- "No. All of those feelings... I lost her when I chose this"

She would hate him.

After this was over, Addie would hate him. He was the bad guy.. just like that bastard vampire.

"I got to see you again, and after all this time, you protected me" His smile wavered. Protected? "Even in the beginning, those two would have killed me, right?" How could she NOT already hate him? Addie started to relapse into dreams. Her eyes closed. "Just... don't leave again, okay?"

She fell asleep.

Kieran shook his head in disbelief. He laughed to himself and picked up Addie. She was breathing deeply, a surefire KO that alcohol was. His face was buried into hair as his laughter rumbled and shook his entire body.

It had been so many years since they had been together. And Kieran wished that he could have done what she had asked. "God, what timing" He would if he could. But he still had things to take care of.

But first, he had to finish his original task-- Addie. Kieran cursed, only thinking of one thing he could do. There were werewolves that Addie had taken up as friends, but he didn't know their whereabouts. So, pulling out a cell, he called up Ethan.

No matter what, he was going to leave her.

Last edited by amaSenpai on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Cory was never so relieved to be getting out of his car. Arthur got out too, and finished the sentence he had began in the car. Cory was trying to ignore him, 'Almost there,' He told himself. Arthur was constantly lecturing or bragging. Cory walked quickly.

If all had gone according to plan, Laufeia was already upstairs with the vampire. She was no where in sight when he first opened the door to the stair well, but suddenly she was there, and grabbing his arm. Cory's eye's widedned in shock, and not because he was surprised at how fast she could move.

"No!" Cory ran up the stairs full speed. Laufeia on his heels.

"What?" Arthur called after them. "Where is it?!" He assumed something had gone wrong with the vampire, but that wasn't the problem.

Cory opened the door. Laufeia was already inside. Why was it she always did crazy stuff like that whenever he was way to distracted to stop and ask her about it? Well that's probably why, but anyway, "Uncle Stephen!?" Cory found his uncle sprawled out on the floor not far from the door.

Sam and John are here too. That's all.

Cory looked up at Laufeia, and then back at his uncle, "No…Uncle Stephen!!" He shook his shoulders some in an attempt to wake him. "What did you do with the vampire?" He asked Laufeia.

Staked. In your room.

"Nnnnn" Stephen groaned and rolled a little.

"Uncle Stephen, it's Cory. What happened? Where're Katherine and Jeremy?" Cory asked frantically.

"Cory?" Stephen recovered quickly. He sprung up quickly. "Cory, you're back! Hunter, A hunter. She came out of no where." He was standing up now, looking in the direction of John's room. Sam walked into view. "Samantha," he said relieved, as he went to embrace his daughter. John followed her in.

"Cory. Thank goodness. We have to move. Fast," and John led the way out the door. Cory took off after him, followed by Laufeia. Stephen scooped up his daughter and followed as well. Evelyn was left behind, forgotten.

"Wait," Cory said as they reached the bottom of the stairwell. He looked at Laufeia, "What happened to Arthur?" She shook her head just slightly and they took off again.

John explained as they ran. "We were all in my room. All except Uncle Stephen that is. We heard a knock at the front door, and got very quiet, listening to see who it was. We were expecting you Cory, but after the door opened, all we heard was a thump. Then, right outside my bedroom door, a voice said 'Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.' J and I grabbed the girls, but it was too late to do anything. Bottles were allready smashing against the walls, releasing fumes. A hunter walked in. She was wearing a maks to protect herself from the fumes. We couldn't see her face. She walked past J and Sam, we were all already being affected by the fumes, and stopped at Katherine. She said 'Don't worry, you'll all be fine. I just need to make sure you don't miss the meeting.' She laughed as she reached down for Katherine, and that's all I remember. The fumes made us all pass out. Sam woke me. I expected Katherine would be gone, but not J. He probably woke first, and went after her," he looked back at Sam, who nodded and shrugged. "I think we were only out for a few minutes."
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm

Jeremy didn't think when he woke. He ran. He followed the sent of the hunter. He was still drowsy for a few moments, but his strength and agility soon returned and he was determined to catch the hunter. He reached the bottom of the flight of stairs he had taken, stairs were faster than elevators for werewolves, and there he heard someone yelling, "What?…Where is it?!"

Surprised, Jeremy's head whipped in the direction of the yelling. As his head turned he saw Cory's car had returned to the parking garage. The figure who had yelled was a ways away and the parking garage was dark. Normally a werewolf would still be able to see, but the figure was half in a doorway, half out, and facing in. Werewolves had good eyesight, but they couldn't see through walls. Jeremy had no time to figure out who it was, or why he yelled what he yelled, or anything. He only had time to assume/hope it was Cory and bellow, "THEY'VE GOT HER! HURRY!" He didn't wait to see if it was Cory or not, or if he followed.

Arthur couldn't be sure that the "her" Jeremy referred to was the vampire or not. He couldn't even be sure that the boy he'd seen was Jeremy. He hadn't seen his cousins in a few years. However Arthur was quick to assume the worst. These weren't Wyld werewolves after all. He took a quick look up the stairs, but Cory had vanished. He didn't think to call after him. He took off after Jeremy.

Jeremy came to a warehouse. He skidded to a halt in front of an enormous door. Breathing hard, he looked around. He stopped breathing for a second to swallow. The following pant came out extra hard. He took a few steps back to get a better look at the building. He took a few quick steps to the right, then a few to the left, unsure of which way to go. It was hard to tell how the hunter got in. He could smell her in both directions he had tried. The gravel under his feet crunched as he whirled around. Someone was approaching. He thought of the figure in the parking garage and hoped it was Cory. As he came closer, it became easier to tell who it was. Jeremy had called out to the wrong guy. "Arthur?"

Arthur slowed to a jog, and then stopped in front of Jeremy. He wasted no time in asking, "Where is it?"

"Where's Cory?" Their questions overlapped, Jeremy wasn't interested in wasting time either. Jeremy sadly accepted that his only help at this point was Arthur. He took no time to explain the situation, "You go that way, I'll go this way. We've got to get in." They both took off, Arthur red in the face. He didn't like being given directions from his younger cousin. No less, his younger cousin from his dad's side of the family. Nor did he like that they had lost the vampire he had captured. He had only agreed to bring it to them, because he wanted to get his sister out of their careless hands. 'Sam!' he remembered. Jeremy had refered to the vampire as a "her", a strange thing for a werewolf to do. What if it was actually Sam that had been kidnapped. Arthur assumed the worst again. He boiled over at that point, "HERE," he roared, slamming his fist through a window.

They hadn't gotten very far at that point. Jeremy winced as he heard the window shatter, but ran to Arthur's side. "I can do that too," he said as he smashed another adjacent window, "but I was hoping we could be more, suttle," he hissed. Then he dove through the window. Arthur followed.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 am

Lillian gathered up the shattered pieces of glass as best she could and mopped up the spoiled mixture. Niccoli watched her at her side, too frightened to step more than five feet away from her, least he be caught alone with that monster. Having finished the small task, Lillian went into the kitchen and opened up some drawers, telling Niccoli as she did what each drawer had inside it if he should ever need something and she wasn't there to get it for him. He wasn't worth all this kindness, he hadn't done anything at all to earn it and at once he felt ashamed for taking advantage of it as he had done. He pretended to be very cold to her, but as she praised him with sweet nothings and doted upon him in her girlish way, Niccoli couldn't stop himself from encouraging her with a blushing smile. Even when he shied away from her she would call him precious and look at him with such tender eyes that he felt obligated to obey her every whim. She was like a princess in the story books, a tender thing that needed to be taken care of and protected. Niccoli was the furthest thing from a prince and not at all a knight in shinning armor, but, all the same, he wanted, in his own way, to keep her safe and see her happy. The boy, though he'd never admit it to himself, had a small fancy for the beautiful stranger who in his mind he called Princess Lily.
The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Kitty-tiara
Yet a darkness was never too far from the horizon. Why did his master stop at this place, with these people? How was he involved with them, they were merely humans, like him, nothing special at all. Did they even know what he was? "Lily..." he uttered while placing the forks, "how... do you know my master?" Lillian, who was cleaning dishes, paused and thought a while on who he meant, "Master... Oh, you mean Lord Reino?" She giggled, "Well, I call him lord because he acts like a noble. Both you and my father call him Master but I don't really feel like he's my master. He's more of just a quiet Aristocrat that visits us poor peasants when he's tired and needs a place to sleep. My father won't tell me much about him, but from what I gather, they were together for quite some time in the past. Daddy says that Reino's a special sort of person that looks young and beautiful forever, but he's always saying such strange things... It's true that Lord Reino is very handsome and looks youthful, but I think his eyes show a lot of wisdom in it that young men just aren't supposed to have. He's so indifferent, but inside, I like to think he cares about us just a little bit and comes every now and then to be sure that we're alright." Niccoli looked away from her, "I see." He wished that it were true; that Reino really did care about someone, that he... really had a heart. Princess Lily went on, cheerily, "I think that Lord Reino is actually very lonely but is too proud to say it. And even though he doesn't talk much when he visits, I think that, by just knowing we're around, he is happier. He wouldn't come if he didn't like us..." right? She wondered that herself lately. If they really were just burdens to him, annoying worthless peasants, then he wouldn't come. Isn't that how it worked? He would not be here if he did not want to see them... Niccoli watched her vacant expression and felt a terrific sadness poison his heart. Could it be? Could she be in love with Reino? It seemed the perfect fairytale ending, a princess and a lord, but Niccoli knew better, he knew what Reino really was. And he was not a prince come to save her. He didn't give a damn about her; about anybody. "What's the matter Nikki?" The little Mexican whipped his head up and saw her staring at him, instantly lowering his head again to hide under his bangs, "Nothing".

"What's that boy to you..." said a hissy voice from the bottom of the stairs, Niccoli and Lillian both stopped what they were doing and listened as light footsteps began to descend the stairs. "Nothing for you to worry about, Koukol." The steps stopped at the foot of the stairs and a little ruffle of fabric was heard, "He lives," urged the voice, in a threatened and condescending tone, "...why?" "Koukol." Reino's smooth voice became suddenly rigid, "You're being troublesome." "I-I'm sorry Mast- I did not mean to incon-" "That's enough, Koukol. Stand aside..." A silence followed, then Reino repeated, harsher, "Stand. Aside." A wobbly shuffle reluctantly obeyed and Reino's soft steps approached the room that served as both kitchen and dinning room, the children hastily pretended to be very busy. Lillian was first to speak up, though she was as doleful as a sheep when she announced, "D-Dinner's almost ready". Niccoli peeked between his bangs at his master's face as he sat down, he didn't even acknowledge Lily... Niccoli felt a small grudge begin to build a rift between them. Yet even that did not sting half as much as the nostalgic and longing look Princess Lily had on her face when she peeked, over her shoulder, at her vampire 'Lord'. Niccoli threw the remaining silverware across the table and ran from the room, unable to take anymore of this unintended torture. Reino caught a glimpse of the boy's flight from the corner of his Asian eyes, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Ahhbut otherwise, remained unmoved, the same unaffected look on his perfect face. But he did seem pensive, I wonder....

Niccoli brought his arm up, as he ran, to rub away the image from his eyes, but just at they were covered he collided into some stiff thing he had not before noticed in his way. A grunt issued from the deformed mouth before he lowered his arm to realize the shocking discovery he had made. Koukol snarled at him when he too discovered this. "I don't know who or what you are to my master but... I doubt you'll live long enough to bother me none. You see, Master has a nasty habit... He's a natural loner, you know." Koukol's pinched right eye rolled to the right as he spoke, though his perfect blue eye continued to shoot straight daggers at Niccoli's face while he scrambled backwards as he began to corner him. "He's thirst keeps him up, keeps him moving. He can't stop. Won't stop. It's a one-track mind he has, always greedy for the throats of the beautiful. That's why I'm perfect for him. He'd never stoop so low as to dirty his hands with my tattered carcass; I don't suit his tastes. Like fine wines, he only takes from the best of us. You're quite young and, next to me, an adorable fellow, no? It must be killing him to have you around, teasing him like that... You're just a snack between meals. He couldn't be satisfied with you even if he drained all the blood in your tiny body. Perhaps, that is why he waits. Maybe he's just waiting till your big enough to quench his thirst, harvesting the grape himself before he crushes it." The monster bellowed with a sickening laughter, "A grape! A rather puny grape at that!" It's not true. It's not. Master wouldn't! Clouds of tears blurred the ugly man from his sight, panting from fear and rage, "Stop it!" He shouted desperately, surprised at how childish it sounded. The thing laughed harder, even as Niccoli shoved him to run right out of the house,The Story Part 1 - Page 5 060613SwanzeySugar-Shack beginning to cry from the hopelessness of it all. It's not true. Don't listen, it's not true! But it felt like it was. If he were honest with himself, no other reason seemed right. "I'm going to die..." he cried in despair, hugging a tombstone as he slid down to his knees, "I'm going to die!"

"We're all going to die, Nikki."
The Story Part 1 - Page 5 1063823344_5199e11463_m
He gasped and shot up his head to see half of Princess Lily's face peeking at him from beside the stone shroud of a cemetery angel. Her voice sounded so somber just then, but, remarkably, there was no trace of fear. "We're only mortal... we're supposed to die, right?" Stepping forward she came out from behind the angel and stood beside him. Niccoli ran his wrist over his eyes hard to hide his shameful tears, real men did not cry like infants. She gave him a pitying look and crouched down beside him, holding her knees, "It's the fact that one day we won't be here that makes life so precious. I don't think we would appreciate half the things we do if we thought they'd be here forever. Like the seasons... if there wasn't a winter, would we have realized how beautiful the spring was?" Lily reached her hand over to the frightened child. Instinctively he flinched from it. Her eyes grew sad, but she leaned closer to caress his wet cheek. Niccoli kept his eyes down, wanting to cry again but too stubborn to allow it. Sniffing and rubbing his teary eyes, the little boy whispered, "You're my spring, Lily" and this brought the glow back into her crystal eyes.
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:06 pm

"I hate spring" Addie grumbled, half asleep.

Kieran was still there to hear her. He lifted an arm, biting the flesh to stop from bursting with frustration. They were at his apartment now, and he was waiting for Ethan to show up. And the damn vampire was taking his sweet slow time about it.

Kieran had put the girl into bed, so there was no chance she would wake up from lack of comfort. He sighed, knowing it wasn't usual for Addie to sleep-talk. He leaned his head on the hand of the arm he just had his mouth around. A small trickle of blood formed around his teeth marks. "Must be the drinks." his voice was light, so as not to wake her. He might as well be calm about waiting.

An idea came to his head. Sleep talking meant she was in a fairly deep slumber. His green eyes sparkled mischeviously, and he leaned closer to her.

"Say that again?" he asked sweetly in her ear.

Addie twitched a bit, as was habit for her sleep patterns. "Spring, it's... overrated" There were pauses in her speech, every few words she would breathe deeply and turn a bit more, wrapping herself within the covers of Kieran's bed.

"Is that so? Most people enjoy spring." He tried not to laugh at just how fun this was. Though it was a bit of a weird conversation. "Everything comes alive again, the warmth, the harsh winter ends."

A small "hah" rushed out in a breath from the girl. "Spring is... the prelude to summer. Summer... it means saying goodbye for everyone. The world grows up."
Kieran sat there, contemplating her statement. It made sense. Animals, humans. They thrived in the spring, only to fly on their own wings once summer was almost complete.

"Then what season do you like?" He whispered softly. In the past, he would have told her what he did, just to see her get angry and flustered. It was fun having someone like that to be with. Addie would tell you exactly what she felt because it showed up on her face.

"Autumn"

Kieran smiled. "As a prelude to Winter?" he added almost knowingly. Addie loved snow. She used to dance in the snowfall until he had to drag her inside, almost entirely frozen, but always shivering joyfully. "There is just something magical about it. The first few flakes falling..." She had told him once.

But he wanted to hear more. "Most people see winter as death, you know" He rested his head on the bed, waiting for an answer. "nmmm... winter is when everything, sleeps." She took a lazy breath. "and you get to look at how beautiful it is" A smile appeared on her lips.

"and the cold always disappears... when you have somebody to keep you warm"

Kieran paused. "Winter brings people together, then?" But Addie had snuggled into the covers and had stopped talking. He stood and kissed Addie at the top of her head, thinking of the time of year. "Summer."

He turned out of the room, going to the next one. He would wait for Ethan there. Flipping his cell phone out, he called his boss. After just one ring, he heard the strained voice of his employer.

"Where have you been, wolf?"
"That isn't very polite, especially for you boss."
"We have a problem"
"mm?"
"The vampire I assigned you to before?"
"Evelyn or Alexander?"
"Evelyn. You are now in charge of finding her."
"... What happened, exactly?"

Kieran hung up the phone. Ethan had better get here soon.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: The Dream   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 am

Coaxed down like a kitten, Princess Lily managed to bring the little orphan back into the dinning room for dinner. She smiled lightly and made light conversation that no one really listened or replied to in order to distract them from Niccoli's embarrassment when he sat down again beside his master. Reino glanced at the boy once, to assess the pout on his face, and confirmed his suspicions of him. He considered for a moment that he may have found a means to keep the child from following him... once he became of no use to him any more. "...but daddy insists on staying put in this rickety house. He says moving would be too stressful for us and that finding another job would be almost impossible in his condition. It's very troublesome that we don't have enough money for him to be able to retire" "Are you asking me for money?" He asked, suddenly a part of the conversation now. Lily, disarmed, stammered as she brought the plate of ham to the table, "N-No! I mean, I couldn't. I wouldn't dare." The Story Part 1 - Page 5 2057203107_c6a2e120b7She blushed faintly, Niccoli slowly raised his head and saw it, turning his eyes away again, trying to brush it off. Lily began to cut small slices into the mass of ham, transferring pieces onto the plates beside her, "I couldn't ask such a thing of you, sir. I-It's not my plac- ouch!" The knife clattered onto a plate as it fell from Lily's hands. Wincing, she brought her wounded finger to her lips, applying pressure to it to evade the sting. This caught Reino's attention at once and before they could blink Lily's finger was in his possession. His eyes gazed intensely upon the little sliver of split flesh; he squeezed a little, making the small orb of blood that seeped from the cut swell in size. "Clumsy" he repeated amusedly, before placing the finger to his own lips. Niccoli's nails bit into his palm as he sat still and took it, watching his Master abuse Lily's ignorance like this. His heart raced and he felt clammy, as if it were he being fed upon instead of her. Then instantly he realized something: it wasn't him Reino was harvesting, it was Lily! That's why he comes here to these mortals, not out of concern but out of anticipation. Of course! He only feeds on the best of us- and when the choices are between a princess and a pauper, it was obvious who was the chosen one. Terror thrust a stake through little Niccoli's heart, helpless to protect the ones he loved from the one he served. He could only sit there and watch in quiet obedience. Reino could feel the glare of two tiny eyes as he eventually released the girl's finger, feeling a sadistic sort of pleasure from it. Could it be that he's jealous? Meanwhile, Lily's eyes shook from the impossible intimacy that Lord Reino had never before displayed to her, a justified sign of affection- his lips had actually touched her. Koukol pretended to clear his throat,to call attention to his disoriented daughter, abruptly awakening her from her trance, and make his dissatisfaction known to Reino. She hustled back to her business, her cheeks even warmer with blush than before. Reino pressed his cheek into his palm and savored his desert while it still lingered on his lips. Bored again with Lily's attempts to strike conversation, Reino looked at his left hand and became distracted by the "blood-letting claw" on his thumb, remembering the night's events.

When dinner had finally ended and Niccoli and Lily were washing dishes, the boy attempted to warn Lily of the danger she was in. He waited and waited for his master to look up from his hand and leave the room but he sat there like a statue, not budging an inch and Niccoli didn't dare say a word with him right there listening. The child's eyes pleaded for Lily to discover it on her own, but with that look on her face, it was hopeless that she'd see anything less than perfection in the Vampire. Niccoli waited in anguish till, at last, Reino came to a stand. The Story Part 1 - Page 5 GdvThe little Mexican felt a jolt of hope for Lily's fate- then felt the jolt of his arm as his master began dragging him out of the kitchen. No, I have to tell Lily! At first, he stretched his arm out for her and grabbed the counter to resist him, but gasped when he thought, Oh no, does he know? Does he know I'm about to betray him? His grip weakened out of fright and he was forced to follow his master's lead. Reino plucked him right out of that shack and stepped into the eerie cemetery. Was this where he was going to kill him? To make it easy for them to dispose of the body? Niccoli's body trembled violently, his arm so lively within Reino's stone grip. They entered a marble tomb with a stone coffin placed in the center of the bare interior. The Story Part 1 - Page 5 TombTears began to flood from Niccoli's eyes and his legs gave out beneath him. Reino dropped his arm and faced him with a raised brow, "Are you ill?" Sniveling, the child whimpered unintelligibly, sobbed a breath then repeated, "I'm going to die...." Reino studied him a moment and scoffed, "That's rather inconvenient." Niccoli sobbed a little more, confused and distraught, then raised his head, "You-You're not going to kill me?" Reino advanced towards the coffin, hardly paying much attention, "Not today..." The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Mizerable04_miniThe vampire bit his lip once, considering something, then having come upon the answer, put his hands to the lid and shoved it off with unearthly ease. Peeking in, Reino tisked at the sight and pulled out the dusty corpse within it. The child gasped at the scene before him, the sanctity of the dead was an essential part in his religion and he bowed his head to keep from being involved with its defilement. Understanding this immediately Reino smirked to himself before dropping the body right in front of his bowed head. The child shrieked and scrambled away towards one of the five pillars supporting the tomb while Reino took the place of the corpse in the coffin, "I'm tired." Shaking like a leaf, Niccoli wasn't brave enough to ask questions when he was already being spared his life. "Keep watch outside while I rest. I'm not to be disturbed, or else it'll be your corpse I put back into this coffin. Dusting off the little silk pillow before he laid down his head, Reino closed his eyes and murmured the strange name, "Belladonna". The name of an extremely toxic plant, more commonly known as Deadly Nightshade, which has hallucinogenic properties. For Belladonna was the chemical laced on the blood-letting claw on his left hand, the hand which caressed the stranger Addie. During the brief encounter Reino had with her, he knew, firsthand, that she was the target for his entertainment and experimentation. In order to understand ones opponent, one must begin with the mind. As they exchanged that lively little banter with each other, Reino had used the claw to pierce his own flesh and 'let' spill a bit of his own blood.

The claw was a feeding accessory, only meant for mortals, but if he could manage to transfer even the smallest sample of his own blood into Addie's body, he would be able to link his mind with hers and steal away even her most private messages. As Reino took hold of Addie beside the bar, shocking her with his audacity, he made the tiniest scratch across her cheek,The Story Part 1 - Page 5 3853728_std hardly noticeable to someone enraged beyond logical thinking, and transferred the belladonna laced vampire blood into her veins. His mental message to her was a test of its success, which, apparently, he found affirmative. Belladonna makes the average mortal succumb to sleep in a matter of minutes, but for these creatures, the process was slowed to multiple hours. However, Reino knew Addie would succumb in time and waited, patiently, for her to surrender to her dreams, her dreams that, with this mental link, he could now invade. With both beings asleep, and with the aid of the hallucinogenic drug, Reino could intrude upon her dreams just as effortlessly as he could in reality. Her thoughts were able to be manipulated and distorted by his thoughts, his memories were her memories, their dream was one and the same, a singular vision shared between two different creatures.

--------------------[The Dream Begins]

In the dark alley beside the bar walk Kieran and Addie until confronted by a hunchback in a black hooded cloak, his face covered with a white venetian mask, offering Addie letter of invitation. "My master bids you welcome" he says. The scene fades away. The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Moonphase1A large castle-like fortress appears before Addie, who is suddenly dress in a crimson gown, Kieran has disappeared. The hunchback shifts into the human child named Niccoli who is also adorned with a theatrical ballroom outfit and an elaborate golden collar whose leash is a thin silver chain that leads far into the castle. As the road behind her appears to her as a barren wasteland,The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Th_QueensTrees she follows the wordless child inside. Lavish decorations of gold figures and crimson accents, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 2004_the_phantom_of_the_opera_003two large gushing fountains of blood that line the lobby, Addie enters a ballroom in which thousands of pale faces in masks and dripping fangs glare their phantom eyes upon her. She's surrounded by a sea of the very kind she hates, no chance of winning should she choose to battle. A Blood Masquerade full of demons who hiss as they close in on Addie in a tightening circle. It seems like she's stepped straight into a terrible trap. And then a center staircase appears with one familiar unmasked face sitting in a golden throne. Reino steps forward, from the thrown. The Vampire Lord, indeed. Only this time, he's abandoned his white purity for a strikingly black costume with delicate red trim. He speaks with his voice as vampiric as ever, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Gackt
"I've been expecting you". The circle of bloodsuckers backs away from their prey, Reino descends the stairwell, the crowd parts for him as he approaches her and offers his hand. "Shall we dance?" Two dainty fangs shimmered in the flicker of the candle light, the sadistic grin on his face clearly spelling out obey or die.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:57 pm

Rows and rows of crates, that nearly touched the ceiling, filled the warehouse. Jeremy and Arthur were surrounded by them. Jeremy leapt into the air next to one of rows. He grabbed a box and steadied himself for a second, then climbed on. He reached the top of the shelves of boxes and had just enough space to stand. He could see all the space—from wall to wall—above the boxes. He picked up the scent of vampire, and wondered what that meant. Arthur was on top of the boxes across the aisle from jeremy now. They walked cautiously down the crates. All was still. All was silent. It seemed like a normal warehouse.

"You could have come in the front way," The sound of the voice broke the silence like a punch in the gut. Jeremy's heart raced as his breathing stopped. Someone was there, in the shadows. Jeremy could see no one.

"Who's there!?" Arthur growled.

"What've you done with Katherine?" Jeremy's query came out calmer, and yet more poisonous, than Arthur's did.

"Katherine?" Arthur quietly drew out the name through clenched teeth as he slowly turned his head to the left towards Jeremy, "Who's Katherine?" Jeremy looked sideways at Arthur, and just barely turned his head towards him. Then his eyes shot forward at the sound of the voice again.

"My name, is Ethan, and I've not laid a finger on Katherine," he paused for a moment, there was a muffled thud, then he asked his own question, "Why are there only 2 of you?" A dark figure emerged, barely visible in the dark, many feet across the warehouse, on top of the same row of crates Jeremy stood on.

"Whoo's Kaatherine?" Arthur repeated the question through clenched teeth, drawing it out even more.

Jeremy looked slightly sideways at him again, "Whyy did you follow me?" he asked back.

"Because I thought "they" had taken Samantha," he answered.

"That's an interesting conversation to be having right now, and so bitterly," Ethan said from across the huge room. he started walking towards them.

Jeremy and Arthur had been conversing under their breath, "You can hear us…" Jeremy half stated, half asked.

"Yes."

"You're not a hunter,"

"No."

"and I'm guessing you're not a wolf."

"Even colder."

"That's why I smell vampire," Jeremy said quieter.

The footsteps stopped, "Now you're getting somewhere. Now if you would follow me I will take you to Katherine," the vampire turned around and started running. Arthur took off after him first. Jeremy wasn't sure what was going on, but he took off after Arthur.

The warehouse they were in had a partial second story. The warehouse floor was completely open, and most of the space between the floor and the roof was completely open too, like one big room, but there was a box, probably offices, that filled up part of the upper story space. The aisles of crates ran perpendicular to the box. There was a row of windows, so that anyone on the second story could see out into the rest of the warehouse.

As Arthur and Jeremy ran, they saw Ethan leap into the air and jump through one of the windows on the second story. Jeremy had thought there was glass there, but maybe there wasn't. He would jump through the same square to be safe. Arthur had the same idea. He was ahead of Jeremy, but a row over. He leapt onto the row Jeremy was on, and continued forward after the vampire. It was a bit of a jump, but it was nothing for a vampire and a couple of werewolves.
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Addie looked around, both in confusion and loathing. The air was heavy; foreboding. The sky seemed perpetually dark. Her feet moved almost on their own, the mind not knowing the destination of which she would find herself. It was almost as if she were...

Dreaming" she thought "I must be dreaming."

Passing into a large and grotesquely beautiful building, she found herself among dangerous company. The demons called vampires were all around her, dancing lustfully with their partners as if the time for god's rapture would never come. The thick sickening smell of free flowing blood hung in the air, swirling around the couples as they embraced. Surrounded. She could feel their chilling gaze upon her, through every single intricate mask. The dancers seemed to use their movements to gesture up a glorious staircase.

It was then she lifted her eyes to the being pedestaled above the rest.

"Shall we dance?" The words drifted down upon her as a challenge, daring her to resist. Addie averted her eyes as the only defiance she could muster, and even that did nothing but change the view from one disagreeable thing to another. The thousands of twirling bodies seemed to smile at her, waiting for the chance to pounce on it's prey. Her will wanted to run... fight... ANYTHING but allow herself to touch that man.

But her body was immobile, only her arms lifting to accept his offer. Of course she couldn't leave... even the thought was definite suicide. It was a bad, bad dream.

No, a nightmare would be so much more accurate.

Reino smiled at Addie's current submission. Taking her hand up lightly, he flourished as he took a deep bow before pulling the girl into a quick paced movement to the music. Her mind wheeled, the hands holding her waist and left hand cold and disgusting.

"What do you want?" Her voice held more venom in it than a snake. The fake smile plastered upon her face did not mask a look of clear discontent. Slowly, but surely, his answers would provide her with a way for her mind to form a plan.

And as soon as the chance shown itself, she would kill him and leave.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:37 pm

"I just want you..." Reino stated somberly, curling his hand around her waist to pull her close,The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Avag4 hungry for her warmth. Sweeping across the dance floor, Reino moved with an indescribable power and grace which Addie followed mechanically, being carried about like a lifeless doll. The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Ryoko8He was relishing in her displeasure, feeling a riot of amusement in the venom in her exotic voice. The lurid stench of blood aroused him and made him romantic, the candlelight enchanted him and caused his incandescent skin to gleam with unnatural pallor. He had just become her worst nightmare.

"I've gone through unimaginable pains to keep you close to me, Addie." He kept his voice quiet and tore his eyes away from her to look at the surrounding vampires with a look of malcontent, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Malice82suggesting that even he did not possess their complete loyalty. The brightness had been stolen out of his eyes as he looked upon the floating corpses; they weren't like him, they were shallow and demonic beings that desired only a single thing. His eyes recaptured her and he seemed to relax, "Both of us know how precious each drop of blood can be and I've sacrificed for you." Reino's arm came down on Addie's back and pinned her to his chest with an iron grip, as unmovable as stone, The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Suba1and they stood still as the entire room appeared to spin around them. The air seemed to thicken and suffocate as thousands of white bodies twirled chaotically around them, cackling, pointing, hissing at the two still figures. Reino whispered, "I've never shared my blood with anyone but you... I am a part of you." His hand rose and entangled itself in her hair, "I'm swimming through your veins this very moment, Addie..." holding her closer, he began to slowly lean toward her neck, his breath softly passing over it, "Now, I'm going make you a part of me."

One by one in quick succession, each candle went out and in complete darkness the hot skin was pierced by two dainty fangs. Glowing crystal eyes glared at her through the pitch black while a Cheshire smile dripped with crimson blood;her neck felt warm and wet while her head pounded with her hard heart beat. Madness felt inevitable, any second now she would snap. The most wretched taboo had been committed, both her body and mind had been violated by a vampire. Addie couldn't take this anymore. Reino had never lost anything before. Nothing at all. He didn't know of sacrifice. He didn't understand what it felt like, what Vampire meant to Addie. He was a brat prince and she was a martyred warrior. The two of them were incompatible. And yet, they had stumbled upon each other's worlds and both became entangled in one another. The grip refused to sway and her heart was beating wilder. He must have a death wish, she thought.
The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Ryoko7-1
"You're mine now."

Last edited by Withered_Roses on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 pm

The plans for escape were slipping away... a small, simple thought far away in the distance. The pain of those fangs upon her flesh was all too familiar. The nameless vampire who had once held her in a similar fashion-- that distressing nostalgic presence threatened to swallow her up whole.

The heat of her blood flitted away as Reino greedily drank her essence, entangling their thoughts. And what, but those long locked away and ghastly thoughts of hers to share? Feelings, rather than images, passed from her to him. Her past intermingled with the sleep induced present, and even this powerful prince of darkness could not fathom sharing the untamed blood of a berserker. He reviled in this unknown feeling and strengthened his lover's clasp on Addie.

Her blood was thick, with a heat higher than humans could possibly handle. The strange taste was new to not only him; never before had a vampire attempted to drink the blood of his mortal enemy.

He murmured through his bright red lips to her. "You are mine"

And for the moment, he was indeed correct. Every heartbeat of hers became louder and louder within her ears. Unfortunately for Reino, who was at the moment connected with her, he felt it also. "How interesting" he said, releasing her, and falling away.

The vampire stood in his swarthy aura, compelled. He watched as Addie touched the results of his 'kiss'. Her movements looked as though she were fighting to say conscious and comprehending. He decided to further the process to see what she would do. Instinct told him that this was the same as from the bar, before her companion had interfered.

"Your eyes look beautiful that color"

Her eyes indeed were darker, and resembled the colour of blood. And as expected, that sadistic, eerie smile was given to him. She wiped three fingers across the wound and held up her hand. She watched as it dripped prettily to the ground. "That may have been too much for you, vampire"

She leaned toward him suggestively, lapping up remaining blood with a strange confidence. She produced another slow smile aimed straight at him. "Did I not say that you should know your enemy?"

"For somebody like you, my blood is quite...addictive... and addictions kill"

As if proving her point, some of the lowly dancers had approached the two, dropping their masks. The desire was evident now upon their faces, and although Reino was the master in this dreamworld, he had no control upon these marionettes.

One reached out in order to touch Addie, an act that caused the rest to follow suit. She swung at them with contemn, uttering a roar profuse in distain. "You did say you wanted me" she said, as though her act was a simple, everyday task. Satisfied that the entire lot was crushed, she turned back to Reino.

"Here I am"
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 am

Her blood was even more delicious then he ever imagined. For the long hours that filled in after their meeting he had been driven mad by the thought of it. The brat was impatient to know her every secret. An infant curiosity planted firmly in his mind stirred his every thought to return to this strange new toy he could not understand. This creature which he had never before encountered. So new to one so very old. He had begun to believe there was nothing in this world which could excite him again, could stir his passion for life. For the past century he had felt so dead and listless. But Addie... just touching her made him feel alive. Still he had to tear away, becoming overwhelmed by these intense sensations. Her soul was drowning him in her emotions, trying to break him into pieces with the sheer power of them.
The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Malice76
He stared at her in a frenzy, actually panting from the effort of restraining himself. Every fiber of his body awoke within him, burning with the fire of her blood. That beautiful look she gave him. He could see Hell in her eyes. All that laid dormant in her seemed now to awaken from a long deep slumber. She came alive to him. Addie had been released. Could it be that anyone else had before felt what he felt now? Had anyone seen a creature as radiant as Addie before? So alien to himself he could not imagine that anyone in all of existence could have ever dreamed something more fantastic.

Looking into her eyes he touched her cheek and told her what was on his mind. She bewitched him with her wildness, the carnal spirit had been aroused in both of them and for the first time in his life, he sympathized with another being. All those feelings, the insistent dread and anger. It was a wonder the very taste of her blood wasn't as bitter as her heart. No, it was sweet, much too sweet to forget. Thick, heavy... it gushed into his mouth with a texture too near perfection. His mouth parted and he felt himself drawn to her against his will, lusting for that taste a second time. But was denied and distracted by the curious crowd of thirsty third-rate vampires that began to forget their manners. They reached out for Addie with a thousand skeletal hands, moaning and calling out to her with thirst ringing in their dusty throats. Reino, too struck by her glowing aura, stood back and watched The Story Part 1 - Page 5 1as the vultures descended upon her. From the taste of her, he knew, already, that there was nothing he need to worry about. And sure enough, they were crushed within a matter of minutes.

She was taunting him, confidently. Reino's mind fought out of its haze to meet with her challenges but, despite himself, his face revealed how charmed he was by her transformation. "A woman after my own heart, " he teased, closing his eyes as he smiled contently, laying his hands on his breast as if to calm the vicious beating of said organ. "It's never enough... you should know that...." His eyes reconnected with her, that sanguine hue nearly put him in another swoon as he crossed to her with immortal agility, crushing the skull of a fallen victim to dust beneath his boot indifferently. "You're lovely. Even more than when I first set my eyes upon you... strange thing." His warmed fingers traced circles around his 'kiss' and he brought the glittering substance before his eyes again to examine it, smelling the aphrodisiac toxicity hang upon the air around it. Parting his lips his lengthy tongue reached out for it with yearning and cleaned the soiled fingertips. A little purr of pleasure rumbled in his throat as he swallowed down the holy elixir. "And so here you are..." he looked at her defiantly, trying to prove that he could master himself over her, even when she tasted like that. Truth was he was weakening out of sheer inexperience. But with each taste, he felt immediately stronger than he had been moments before. She enlivened him with a completely different sort of power. "Yes... I want you, Addie." Curling his finger under her chin Reino held up her head to keep her pretty eyes on him and only him,

The Story Part 1 - Page 5 57"I want you now more than ever."
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Addie laughed at his audacity. She drew closer to the hand that held her, playing along with the vampire's carnal needs. Going one step further, she even thought to take his hand within her own. "Both yours and my lust for blood..." Her voice was so low, but easily heard with his enhanced ears.

Her dark eyes flashed as she stepped closer to the man. His mind raced with the thoughts that her change had connected them more than he could dream. In his drug-deluded mind, all Reino could see was the very woman he wanted offering herself up in the form of a kiss.

Their lips were close; the vampire parted his with the expectancy of sweet blood. Addie stopped when they were mere millimeters apart and flashed him a hateful smile, showing glistening fangs as sharp as his own. The words "We are" came out from her mouth as she quickly stepped backwards and placed a well aimed kick into his abdomen. The force sent him reeling, as he was caught completely off guard.

"[/i]nothing[i] alike" She finished

As he had said before, Addie was a woman after his own heart. But the meaning of that statement was slightly different for her. She wanted his heart... separate from his body.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Twisted Romance   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:33 am

His heart and mind raced with incredible speed, she was submitting to him so easily and managing to remain remarkably seductive all the while. Reino's fingertips nearly trembled as Addie thought to touch them. The feelings were all so new and overwhelming, unknown emotions swelled inside him. He felt so warm with her near and desired to be engulfed in that heat. Her thoughts hazed and just when Reino started to believe in conversion, a second too late, he rediscovered the hateful rebellion erupting in Addie's heart. Her kick hit true and with such force that, if he were mortal, his ribs may have shattered. His lithe body flew back into the air towards the wall with tremendous speed but slowed in mid air as if he were guiding through water and gracefully descended back to the floor, boots making a soft tap as he landed. "That's true... " his eyes seemed nearly nostalgic as he gazed at her from twenty feet away, "we're not. It is that very fact that attracted me to you in the first place." He walk forward with a deliberate but casual pace. "You're something special. One of a kind."

" There will never be another like you in all of eternity."

"No one who hurts like you, that hates like you... Or"
he smirked, wiping the dirt off his shirt where her heel impacted him, "fights like you."

"If only you knew how much you entertain me."
He stopped within eight feet of her, attempting to dazzle her with his gaze. "You live such a pitiful little life... forever enslaved to the memory of the messy night my world first spilled into yours. Such a petty vendetta." Reino raised his head and stared upon the ceiling painted with one mortal's perspective of Heaven, tiny angel faces stared back him with ignorance and solemnity. "Killing vampires does not bring your family back, nor does it make you whole. Revenge is a meaningless struggle that only the weak pursue. It just means that you have nothing worth living for..." He looked away from the angels, feeling Addie's anger fluctuate and become confused in itself. She wasn't really listening because nothing he said mattered to her. All she wanted was him... to die. No one ever touched her and lived to tell the tale. He was resilient, but he wasn't anything new.

"Oh Addie... what a Merry-Go-Round you make of life. You might as well be dead." He sounded patronizing, "If only you weren't a wolf, I would have made you one of us. What a wonderful millennium we could have shared together. I wonder if you even live that long. Pets rarely outlive their masters..." He chuckled at the scathing remark floating in Addie's thoughts and confirmed, "You are my pet, Addie. Your very name befits it.

We are one like no one else can be.
You're mine, my pet.

Until you find a better reason, you might as well live just to amuse me."

A cold superior grin spread across his white lips.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:07 pm

"Don't do anything stupid," Jeremy muttered to Arthur as they followed Ethan into a room. Arthur didn't respond. 'Waste of breath,' Jeremy thought. The room was dark, but for a single candle situated on some small table or shelf. Ethan and Jeremy spoke at the same time.

"Only these two showed," Ethan announced.

"Katherine!" Jeremy rejoiced, for he could make out her face in the candlelight. She was seated in one far corner, and the hunter who took her was in the other. Without thinking, Jeremy went to Katherine. Ethan and Haku's heads both snapped in his direction, but perceiving no threat, they looked back at each other.

"Only two?" Haku asked. "Are you certain?" Ethan nodded. "I thought for sure they'd all come…" she sighed. "Oh well, I suppose we can just hold these two and so on until they all show up."

Jeremy turned to look at Haku. Arthur bared his teeth and snarled, "No grungy vampire or halfwit hunter is going to make ME their hostage!"

"Now hang on," Jeremy started, but no one heard him. Arthur had launched himself at Ethan, and then the two were twirling and flying around all over the place in a mad brawl, and before Jeremy could do anything Haku had his hands and was tying them tight. "AHH," he resisted, kicking and twisting, but it was too late. "HEY!" she threw him to the ground and went for his feet. Now that he was resisting she couldn't get him, so she conked him with something hard (Katherine screamed) and he was out. She tied his feet then went to help Ethan. As it is, Arthur isn't quite as tough as he lets on. He was out and tied up in no time, and lying on the floor by Jeremy.

Jeremy groaned back into consciousness seconds later. His hand wanted to reach for his head, but something stopped it, and he remembered he was tied up. He tested his feet, expecting the worst. They were tied up as well. He squirmed to look around. He spotted Haku. She noticed his stirring and turned slightly to look at him, and then back to nothing.

"What do you want with us?" Jeremy asked angrily.

"To talk," Haku answered unemotionally. Jeremy noticed he didn't see Ethan in the candle's light.

"To talk?" he asked, fuming, "and you had to tie us up for that?"

"No, you attacked, irrational, thoughtless mongrels."

That pacified Jeremy some, but he still retorted in bitterness, "I didn't attack!"

"You would've helped your brother."

"He's no brother of mine. He's my dimwit cousin!"

"Oh…" Haku answered. She said nothing for a moment, and then, "Well I don't really feel like untying you." Jeremy just looked at her, deadpan. He wasn't sure to be mad at her or at Arthur. "The rest of your family will come right?" she asked. She looked at Katherine, "I'm tired of waiting." At that moment the door opened, but to Jeremy's disappointment, it was not his family. 'Where are they?' he wondered.
Back to top Go down
lunavantango
lunavantango

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:04 am

A thick veil of smoke permanently covered the room. It slipped into every conversation and slithered through every body in the small lounge. It paired well with the strong liquor that courted half-empty glasses all over the room. Music blared through the speakers like a caged animal attempting to escape its confines. The sound was wild and quick shaking in every chest. Several members of La Moira Pecora gathered to discuss the day's events. Many were exhausted after participating in various scuffles with the wolves. The pace at which the battles errupted predicted a bleak outcome for the war. La Pecora did not expect to be so evenly matched with the wolves. Before the war, their sense of superiority was unquestioned. That night, many of their conversations were laced with insecurity and doubt. Even Alfonso, though only rarely an outspoken proponent of his clan's supremacy, chose his words carefully when he touched the subject. "We have to direct our efforts catiously. We cannot waste our advantages by acting recklessly." The dim lighting left the true nature of their faces hidden in shadows. If any of them bore their insecurity outwardly, it would not have been visible.

Silence swept the room without notice. A walking corpse appeared by the entrance bleeding the remnants of its past life. It knuckles touched the ground, though it was only slightly hunched forward. There were two empty crevices oozing blood where its eyes might have been. Tattered pieces of fabric clung to its body signaling that, at one point, the corpse had worn clothes. Pieces of its flesh and skin were evidently bitten off by some animal. Claw marks traced gashes on its back and on its abdomen. Finally, to secure its death, a single iron bar was driven through its chest well into its heart. The corpse inched itself across the room without interference and stopped at the foot of couch Alfonso rested on.

Alfonso took to his feet as soon as he saw the corpse at the entrance. Fear paralyzed him for the first time in decades. Anger might have consumed him on another occasion. On this occasion, though, he was powerless. Though he could not let his clan see him tumble, though he could not ascertain the thoughts that filled his mind, though he could not fall, he fell to his knees when the corpse fell before him. He held the carcass in his arms, for a moment, bearing not a single plan of action. Only by instinct was he able to pull out the iron bar pinned through the carcass. His clan did not ask questions. They merely stood by and watched. They were also horrified.

Alfonso held the corpse by what might have been its face. "If you can speak," his voice was nearly inaudible, "Speak."

But how could something visibly dead utter a word?

Alfonso felt as though he cradled death itself in his arms. It was cold and it was limp. It bore no resemblance to anything living. It struck fear in every heart and in every mind in its vicinity. When he finally set it down, Alfonso was more than convinced; if it had ever spoken before, it would never speak again.

Reluctantly, Alfonso stood up. He gazed at the blood on his hands with the intent of cleaning it with his thoughts. Quickly, he found, though, that he could clean blood with his mind just as easily as he could wake the dead. The carcass remaind motionless on the floor. Suddenly, though it had been present since the corpse's entry, a foul odor took the room hostage.

"Matteo," Alfonso finally spoke.

Matteo pushed passed the crowd to meet Alfonso at the very center of the room. "Yes?"

"Take the body to the preparation room."

Matteo nodded.

"I will personally make arrangements for a burial ceremony."

His last statement made the entire room come alive in a wave of whispers. Why did that putrid sack of meat deserve such consideration?

Matteo picked up the carcass and made his way to a door on the opposite side of the room. Everyone, including Alfonso, watched intently.

The iron door gave way to a long, sullen creak. Though it occurred while the door
groaned, everyone in the room could hear another sound.

"Evey..."
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:05 pm

"I don't see that we have anything to lose," Cory said as he passed the sword to John.

"It's a trap," Arthur answered, as if it was the most obvious fact he could have stated. He was the only one who seemed to not be interested in the sword. He stood a bit apart from the rest of the group, looking bored and arrogant.

"Nobody asked you," Jeremy spat. He was especially unpleased with Arthur at the present.

"Alright," Stephen said sternly to stop any arguments before they started, "If it is a trap, then what are we being tricked into doing?" Nobody had an answer. "It does seem we could just take the sword, and if we need it, we have it."

"Hector, Mira, Shiro, what do you know of the sword?" Katherine asked. Mira held her hand out for the sword in response. John handed it to her carefully. Mira, with Hector and Shiro looking over her shoulder, inspected the sword. The wolves were slightly surprised that she could handle it so much better than Katherine. Everyone watched in silence as she turned it delicately in her hands. She seemed to look at every last detail.

"Is it really…?" Hector finally asked. Mira nodded in response. Hector and Shiro looked at each other behind Mira's head, wide-eyed

Shiro looked over at the wolves, "Originally…The Hunters and The Peacekeepers were very much the same in their aims. Both groups wanted to take care of only werewolves and vampires that were harmful to humans. The Hunters were lead by The Divine Sunflower. At that time The Divine Sunflower used her power for good. Unfortunately, in our line of business, you see a lot more of the bad side of vampires and werewolves than the good side. The Hunters slowly began to dislike vampires and werewolves more and more. In their moment of weakness a new Divine Sunflower took over. She completely reformed The order. The Hunters became a group for cleansing the world of anyone not completely human. The peacekeepers watched on in horror. Under their new leadership, The Hunters seemed to do nothing but gain momentum. When many innocent began losing their lives, we could no longer stand aside and do nothing. The Peacekeepers researched The Divine Sunflower. We had to at least try to stop her. We discovered that she got her power from her sword, and that there was a sister sword. The wielders of these swords possessed great power. The sword of the sun could more easily become dominant, but each sword could be just as powerful as the other. We believed that our best chance of stopping The Divine Sunflower was The Celestial Moon Lily. Unfortunately, despite our greatest efforts, the sword could not be located, and Haku's testimony would explain why. If this sword is legit, and we believe it is, it may be our best chance to end this war."

"Are you kidding me? The Divine Sunflower's personal assistant giving us the sword best suited to defeat her?" Arthur protested.

"According to Haku, she did not choose to be The Divine Sunflower's assistant, plus, if she really is from a past decade, she would not be interested in the holocaust of all vamps and wolves. She would be for overthrowing this corrupt Divine Sunflower. It makes sense," Shiro answered.

"And it seems to me, regardless of Haku, if this really is the right sword, we should take it," Cory pointed out.

"I agree," Jeremy nodded. John, Stephen, Sam, and Katherine nodded as well. "Alright then, who gets the sword?" Jeremy asked.

"It seems to me The Peacekeepers are the best option for now," Stephen offered. Mira looked him in the eye and nodded, "and, uh, we are allies?" Stephen asked, extending his hand. Mira put the sword in her left hand and extended her hand as well. They shook. "I had thought The Peacekeepers were no more."

"We are all that remains," Hector said.

Ahem, Cory cleared his throat. Everyone turned to look at Cory where he stood next to Laufeia, who's hand was on his arm. "We kind of have business…We should really get home. Now."
Back to top Go down
lunavantango
lunavantango

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:02 pm

An icy breeze forcefully blew past the buildings subtly merging with the dark. Evelyn skidded off the slick rooftop without notice. She was still too young to know how to keep her footing on a slanted roof. "Evelyn!" Alexander exclaimed through a quiet, calculated whisper. He reached his companion's hand just in the nick of time. He let her dangle for a moment. "You can't let your guard down for even a moment," he spoke gravely and then nodded towards the people standing in line in front of a building across the street. "If I weren't here, right now, you would be explaining to them how you survived the fall without a scratch." She looked up at him with her big doe eyes. Evidently, she feared that he would let her fall. Alexander laughed quietly. "No, Evey," he pulled her up and set her on the rooftop beside him. "I wouldn't do that to you."

She smiled faintly and quickly turned her face aside to keep him from noticing. Her effort was wasted in vain, though. He noticed her smile and the thought she couldn't hide. Alexander mused on that thought, for a moment.

"Which one?" she asked facing the line across the street. "How do you pick?"

Alexander scanned the scene meticulously. This was Evelyn's first hunt. Every detail had to be planned and executed precisely. Any reckless action could prove fatal. Fortunately, the entire weight of the operartion rested soley on Alexander's shoulders. "The blonde one in the white dress," he spoke after much consideraton. "I have been keeping an eye on her for a while, now." Evelyn cringed, "Are you kidding me? She looks like quite the mess."

"I picked her for a reason." Alexander looked at Evelyn and grinned, "This should be easy for you."

Evelyn sighed and folded her arms. "Fine."

"You'll go in first. I will follow after you." He paused, "You know the plan. Stick to it." He looked at her and studied her face. "Go for it."

Reluctantly, she jumped off the roof and landed on the pavement below without making a sound.

"Take it, then," her voice faded into the confines of his mind.

Alexander gasped voraciously as he stirred from his sleep. He could still feel the icy breeze chill his skin. He could still feel the weight of Evelyn's thought resting on his mind. A second did not pass by before he realized how many nights had passed since. In an instant, he recalled the recent events that lead him to the present. Naturally, Alfonso was sitting in a chair next to the bed. His gray eyes were burning with fury, but was not a fury reserved for Alexander.

"It was the Wyld, wasn't it?"

"...Yes."

"Did you make it past the state border?"

"...Almost."

"And Evelyn?"

A wave of anger struck Alexander vigorously. He clenched his fists tightly and growled with unreserved agitation.

"Did they get to her?"

"I don't know."

"You split up?"

Alexander froze in place.

"They caught me and they brought me back here. Something was wrong, though. One of them was missing and they wouldn't go looking for him until they had me under control. Once they were done with me, they left. So, I took the opportunity to come here," he turned to look at Alfonso. "They suspect that...that boy, Arthur-that's what they called him-, found Evelyn. They don't know for sure...I don't know, either."

Alfonso's face became grave. He stood up without another word. "I will send a group out to look for her."

"Please."
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

"She's staked Arthur, she can't go anywhere…" Cory replied bitterly to his cousin's scolds.

"But someone could have taken it in our absence. It was completely irresponsible to leave it unattended."

"We were a little more concerned about Katherine and Jeremy." They sped up a little as they headed back to the apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story Part 1
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next