The Night Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night Chronicles

A forum dedicated to the Night Chronicles, a current work in progress.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story Part 1

Go down 
+3
strtrknaxdunivrs
lunavantango
badgerbuddy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Evelyn sat alone in the dark room. It had been hours since Alexander had left her there in that field. She had been too distracted to wonder about what had happened to him before, but now all was quiet and she was alone. She could not keep him out of her mind. Like a giant snake, the anxiety turned and twisted in her stomach. Could he have possibly not been captured? Could one vampire have evaded a pack of Wylds? She had not evaded Arthur. Evelyn closed her eyes and took in a breath. She had to get out of here. She looked at the stake in her chest, and then down at her hand. Gritting her teeth, she pulled on her hand. It moved uselessly if at all, not doing anything she wanted. She let out a frustrated noise, and returned to glaring at the opposite wall. Evelyn could smell, she thought, somewhere around half a dozen wolves, a human or two, and even vampire. There was a small part of Evelyn's mind that was curious, that wanted to know what this group of wolves and their strange friend were up to, but as each second passed, the part of her that wanted to be with Alexander and know he was alive grew.
Back to top Go down
http://strtrknaxdunivrvs.tumblr.com/
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:10 am

To look at Reino, his cold 'perfect' lips in that lifeless smirk, to hear him speak of her as his pet, was annoying. Addie's eyes lifted to gain a lock on the insolent vampire, still hovering delightfully in the air, speaking his nonsense to her.

"You say that I am pitiful, deamon..." The girl shook her head somberly, his words not effecting her in the way that he wished. Her voice was tight with anger, but this other self of hers, the one that wished to kill indiscriminantly, had no attatchment to the ones called family and friends. That pure rage and passion had only brought out the true, eerily calm and hateful beast within.

"My petty vendetta against all creatures is to be pitied by the likes of you" Her eyes flashed with her former self for a moment, allowing her power to surge. The 'two Addies' seemed to give eachother strength, although the two could never coexist as anything other than what they were now.

She took a step towards Reino with a grace that should not have been beheld within that short amount of space.

"The like attract like" She opened her arms wide, palms up as if offering a distant embrace of friendship, but Addie's expression said quite the contrairy. "I am not your pet, wrectched soul. But your escape of your own pitiful existance."

Her hand rose, pointing at him, beconing for him to come down so she could slaughter him quickly. "I like you not, bloodsucker" The werewolf turned her head and spat upon the dry and dusted bones that lay wasting away on each side of her path. "That man is not here to stop me, so prepare yourself" She bared her teeth in a low growl, and for all of Reino's cocky superiority, for just a moment, he felt a small shudder.

"Your pet shall make you like your bretheren that already lay beneath my feet..."
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

"Still so full of that fighting spirit," he smirked, maintaining his position with dignified reserve. She was resistant, that was certain, but in time she would be his. There was no doubt in his mind. "I think it's time." Rieno raised his hand, encased in a smooth black glove, and snapped his fingers. "To remind you who is in control here." The entire room once again became black with darkness. All sense of him or the concrete room dissolved from her senses. His loathsome laughter filled all space and time around her as terrible images were forced into her mind as clear as crystal. Memories of her changing, a ring of fire, the sound of screams and howls. The vision of her hands, caked in blood, Keiran dead on the ground. Rieno's fangs sinking into her throat...

All the sudden a pair of cold hands touch and wrap around Addie's wrist and an omnipresent voice echos about her, "Escape? There is no escape...

There is only this.
Only you and I.
Only eternity.
Deep... deep eternity."

The hands tried to lead her somewhere, tugging weakly at her strong body. "It's time I put you in your place.
By my side."
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 am

Cory gulped as he walked into the room. He clenched his teeth together at the smell of the vampire. It wasn't a smell he normally welcomed. He approached the vampire cautiously, unsure of how to begin. He shifted his eyes around the room a little as he approached. Then he was as close as he needed to be. Nervous, he did the first thing that came to mind. "Cory," he extended his hand, and instantly thought better of it. Shaking hands with a vampire would probably not be the most pleasant experience in the world for him. The vampire didn't move, didn't even look at him. She was leaning against a wall to Cory's left and looking straight forward to Cory's right. He retracted his hand, and kneeled down to her level. "Look…we just want your help. Honestly. We need to talk to vampires, about the war." He wasn't sure how, but he seemed to get her attention with this. The vampire slowly turned her head in his direction. It looked like it was painful for her. Cory winced. He knew what was coming. She looked at him, then down at the knife in her chest, then back at Cory. Cory looked at her, his eyes narrowed as he thought. He reached for the knife, and pulled it out slowly, a little unsure. Her eyes widened as he pulled. As it cleared her chest, the vampire sucked in breath and let out a moan.

"Could you have pulled it out, any slower?" She asked.

"Sorry," Cory responded.

She sat in silence for a minute. Her body became very still, and slowly the hole in her chest closed up.

"Will you listen to me?" Cory asked.

The vampire turned to face Cory, "Evelyn," she answered, not extending her arm.

Cory nodded in response. He realized not only was he not sure how to talk to her, but he wasn't sure how to tell her what they knew. "Evelyn," he began. She watched his face. "I trust you know about this war between our kinds?" Evelyn nodded slightly. "Well…my family and I believe we've been set up…by The Hunters. They instigated a war between us, so that we would kill each other off…do their dirty work for them."

"I see…" was all Evelyn said. She just looked at Cory. "Ah…"

"Is there anyone you could tell? Anyone you could talk to, convince?" Cory asked. "That is, if you believe us," he added.

"I believe you…" Evelyn said after a moment. Cory's thoughts aligned with his words, but Evelyn wasn't interested in that. She had no idea what had happened to Alexander. "I can't help you. I have…other things…to attend to."

That was a frustrating problem. She believed them, but she didn't care? Cory was unsure what to do. Did they just let her go?

"Surely there's someone you can talk to, someone you can tell?" She didn't answer. "I mean, don't you care? Many vampires are going to die because of this." Cory attempted appealing to her emotions.
Back to top Go down
http://strtrknaxdunivrvs.tumblr.com/
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:48 pm

"by... your side??" Addie's thoughts melded together, pain turned to lethargy, her usual vivid eyes turned dull. The effect of Reino's world was immense.

Family? none left But the war... fighting for what, strangers you met only so long ago? And Kieran...

The last name echoed through her mind, and her body took a small step forward to get away. The cool sinister words from the vampire whispered all around within the darkness. "Kieran is the enemy... he sided with them, he has forsaken you" Dry, lifeless lips brushed across his pet's bare neck.
His power swelled with the entrancement of this nightmare. She had no chance.

He loves you no longer

What was now the truth in her mind, she believed. That last night together, with the most tender of kisses upon her brow. "Goodnigh', and goodbye" He had said to her, and now she recognized the look of forever tracing his face. The memories played backward in her mind as if in a still picture theater. No sound, it all in black and white.

Even then, his looks of love were always accompanied by his fear. He wasn't ready for what an almost eternity would give them. He never belonged to her. A stream of tears fell softly from her eyes, the last from her joyful, earth-loving body. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered.
Love was not enough.

And perhaps it never was.

Addie's resistance to the blood drinker's might was diminished to the strength of a sleeping baby. The last thoughts of purely her own were said that night. I have no more desire for life...

The werewolf gave into his will, his wishes... The soul that was Addie fell back deep into the ressesses of her mind, far beyond where she stayed when berserking. Where not even Reino, with all his strength, could reach. His teeth drew along her warm skin, and he began to create what could be no better than an exquisite doll.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:22 pm

The little arms around Addie's arm pulled her forward as candles burst into flame in two rows at each side of her. In the candle light she could see that it was Niccoli's hands upon her and that they were passing through multiple hazy scenes of the forest, the bar, the alleyway, another forest, a shack and finally a cemetery... At last, their vision slithered into the tiled tomb in which Rieno lay. It was here that Niccoli released her and stepped to the side, no longer dressed in fanciful costumes but back in his dingy rags, a black ascot tied to his throat. Candles littered the floor around the coffin yet no heat could be felt. In fact, it was cold as death... The sound of his voice rose in waves, indistinct, and entrancing, forcing Addie to come forward. Her arms, without a will of their own, pushed the lid of the coffin off with a heavy thud that caused the floor to shudder. Looking into the oblong box, Addie's eyes fell upon the soft, peaceful face of her master. He looked so weak and defenseless so... pure, almost. His incandescent skin and fiery copper hair, his voice that called to her once more. Addie... Her body leaned in and she gazed at him. Addie... Suddenly, his eyes flashed open and the ice blue hue pierced into her and, parting his lips to expose the tiny white fangs, he commanded her, "Come to me..."

Then all at once the dream had ended. Her eyes still staring out, no longer settled upon that face but instead upon the room in which her physical self had remained all that time. She tried hard to register everything that had happened, but found herself so overwhelmed. Sitting up in a rush, Addie put her fingertips to the side of her neck. There were no marks... but it had seemed... it felt so...

Addie...

Addie held her head, Was it really just a dream?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story Part 1
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6