The Night Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Night Chronicles

A forum dedicated to the Night Chronicles, a current work in progress.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story Part 1

Go down 
+3
strtrknaxdunivrs
lunavantango
badgerbuddy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mune Muromara
Mune Muromara

The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:58 pm

Hector moves his head side to side as a cold sweat runs down his temple. Lin wakes up again and looks at Hector, she places her paw on his cheek.
"Hey, Are you ok?"

----------------------------------------

Hector runs down an alleyway, behind him a hunter is chasing him. In Hector's arms lays a fading gray cat.
"Hey, Come back with that familiar, I'm not done killing it!" The hunter shouts while he throws his boomerang down the alley.
Hector spins around and kicks the boomerang into a wall and keeps running out of the alley. The Hunter picks up his boomerang and keeps following. The cat meows weakly as Hector runs down into a sewer pipe.
"Don't worry, I think I lost him."

The Hunter breaks down a manhole and lands in front of Hector.
"That weak thing needs to be put down already!"
"You don't even have a contract with it Will!"
"Hector, That thing is too weak to help anybody!"
"No, This familiar is good at heart!" Hector shouted,"You were once my friend many years ago, and now you do this?"
"Because you haven't joined the divine sunflower."
"After she killed our families!?"
"Your running on a broken bridge here, Hector."
"Don't you remember playing together as children!?"
"I do, and it doesn't matter, all that matters is to kill those THINGS out there!"
"I tell you we can do things peacefully!"
"Have you seen those sunflower fields!? We can't!"
Hector and Will glare at each other, the cat meows weakly and Hector breaks around. Will throws his boomerang and hits Hector in the ankle. Hector uses one hand to front flip forward, while still holding onto the cat. Will catches his boomerang and keeps chasing after him.

Hector hops out of the sewer pipe and jumps into a resevoir, he hops across it. Meanwhile Will catches up and shouts,"You can't keep running forever!"
"I don't have to Will!"
Mira jumps out from the top of the Pipe and slashes down Will's back. At the same time, Shiro jumps out from the side of it and uppercuts Will in the abdomen.

"Heh, Sorry for all this Hector." Will said as he fell to the ground, bleeding.
"Hector!" Mira cried out as she put away her sword and runs to Hector, Shiro follows behind as well.
"Here, Hold onto this Cat." Hector said as he passed it to Mira. He then collapsed onto the Ground and Shiro catches him.
"Let's go find a safer area."

In an old shack somewhere in the nearby forest, Hector sits upright on the ground. His ankle in bandages, blood stains the outside of it. The Cat lays on a pillow, her body looking translucent and glowing very faintly.
"Is this a familiar Hector?" Mira asked.
"Yeah."
"Why does she look like that?"
"She's dieing and was hurt fatally by Will, Till I saved her."
"Know a way to save her?" Shiro asked.
"I remember there was one way awhile back when your parents used familiars too." Hector said, "We have to give up something that makes us ourselves."

Mira and Shiro sit down, they both turn and look at the familiar. The cat is breathing heavily, and the glowing is starting to fade away.
"This familiar, She's not like the ones that hunters use." Hector began," She thinks and acts on her own, as if she was a regular cat, But something told me she's different, I can tell she's good!"
"And thats your reason for risking your ass for this cat?" Shiro shouted.
"Quiet Shiro!" Mira said.
"Look, I know, but a familiar is useful and since I think it's the right thing to save her."
Mira nods and Shiro looks at the Cat thinking about what to do.
"C'mon Shiro,"Mira began,"Maybe you'll have a new friend yeah?"
"Arright, i'll do it."
"Then let's get started."
Hector places his hand on the Cat's paw, while Mira and Shiro places theirs over his.
"Well, I think we just have to do think about what we can give up."
A few moments later a dark circle forms around all four of them, The life from the Cat begins to return. Hector looks around the room, his vision begins to fade as he feels something being sucked away from him.
"Hector"
"HECTOR"
----------------------------------------------------

Lin scratches at Hector's cheek, he gets up hitting his head into the wall.
"It's morning, boy!"
"Ow, Right, Right" Hector mumbled as he holds onto his forehead. Mira smiles and laughs a little while Hector Gets up. Shiro is snoozes on the couch mumbling a few words. Hector walks over and shakes Shiro, "Hey, it's morning lets go." Shiro yawns and looks at Lin, who is staring back at Shiro.
"What Lin?"
"Payback." Lin meowed as she claws Shiro's face again.
"You already clawed me last night!" Shiro cried out as he holds onto his cheek.
"Maybe it was a dream, cry baby." Lin meowed happily as she walks off to Mira.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Requiem_Guild/index.php?
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Laufeia knew what was coming, so she didn't see any reason to avoid Cory, or to pay any attention to Victor. She wondered how much time she had left. That was all she didn't know. Was it days, months, years? However much it was, was probably negligible compared to how long she'd been around.

Trying to avoid the sun in order to keep her strength up, she waited till twilight to leave. She wove through deserted streets and alleyways, making her way back to him.

Yet again, she found herself in his company again sooner than she planned. She found him on his way to find her.

“Hey,” he said. She grabbed his hand and wheeled him around.

You never stay put do you?

Cory smiled as they walked back the way he had come, “Sorry.”
Back to top Go down
http://strtrknaxdunivrvs.tumblr.com/
bloodyredsilver
Contributer
Contributer
bloodyredsilver

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Ethan and Alphonse are having some coffee while discussing the latest events. “I still think you let him off too easy,” said Ethan as he takes a sip from his coffee, which he putted in so much cream and sugar it might as well have been coffee flavored milk.

“Really?” said Alphonse. He looked at the beaten and bloody Fabrizio in the corner. “I’d say you did a pretty good job yourself. I didn’t need to add to it.” As he said this he pulled out a smoke and just lit it when hot coffee was splashed on his face. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?!” he screamed at Ethan who had the incriminating, now empty, cup of coffee in his hand.

“You shouldn’t smoke, it’s disgusting,” Ethan said while wagging his finger.

“WE’RE VAMPIRES, IT DOESN’T AFFECT US!” If looks could kill, the one that Alphonse had would have caused Ethan to drop dead, though technically he was already dead, but that’s beside the point.

“Doesn’t make it any less disgusting,” Ethan responds, completely unfazed.

“Deep breathes, in, out, in, out,” Alphonse kept on repeating this trying to calm himself down. “How are things going with the hunter?”

“Her? So far, the Divine Sunflower hasn’t really done anything. However, they’re going to use this war to there advantage.”

“I’m surprise you got her to trust you so easily.”

“What can I say? I’m just awesome like that.”

“Well, since you’re so great. Go find out more information about what the Divine Sunflower is up to.”

“Fine,” Ethan looks down at his empty cup, “Can I have some more coffee, since I didn’t get to drink the first cup?”

“Out!”
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Addie walked out of the bathroom clothed in a soft coloured top, with dark jeans and a pair of well-worn knee high boots. A smile played on her face as she caught a glimpse of Kieran sprawled out on his couch, eyes closed. She rested a hand on the arm of the couch. "I appreciate the choice of clothing" She really did. It fit her style perfectly.

At the sound of her voice, Kieran opened an eye before sitting up with a wide stretch. "Beautiful." He smirked. "It's nice to see you without the blood splatter." Addie stuck her tongue out in defense. "It's not my fault that happened." His smirk grew into a grin. "I didn't say it was"

He got up and took two short steps that separated them. "How long has it been?" He was leaning over her smaller form now, the dark waves of his hair falling forward, barely touching the sides of her face. She looked up at him, unconsciously taking a hesitant step backwards at this sudden closeness.

He smiled sadly, and pulled the girl into his arms where he held her for a moment. "You idiot. Why do you think i left? You weren't supposed to be here" he was murmuring quickly and lowly, barely loud enough for her to hear. She didn't dare look up, instead her gaze was glued downward into the folds of the soft cotton shirt Kieran was wearing. "and I find you in this twisted war anyways, after all that"

The embrace was broken suddenly.

"The war started barely yesterday" Addie stared at that man she hadn't seen in ages. "So how..?" She was at a loss for words. "..how come... you left ...then?" Kieran looked at Addie, her eyes inploring for answers. Those eyes that held so much trust in him, enen now. Those eyes that still were hurt from his betrayal. An idea came into the girl's head. "You started this, didn't you?"

"Helped, actually. I have my reasons." He thought a bit. "You are going to fight, aren't you?" Addie crossed her arms and leaned up to him, flashing a defiant grimace. "Damn straight I will" She couldn't get around the fact that he would do such a thing. Her memory of him was now askewed, and she almost wondered if she should take the first chance to strike him down. It was an internal battle in her head...

Kieran shook his head saying "Stubborn" as he fell back and landed on the couch. He didn't look like a killer, a war-starter, lying there. "We need a plan then." he said, more to himself than anything. "Hey, I am not stubborn!!" Addie attempted to smack him on the head, her old playful personality finding itself back to her. She decided that he was still the same Kieran she once knew. He saw her 'attack' and pulled her toward him. Addie found herself staring upwards, Kieran hovering over her.

"Yes, love. You are." Her gaze could not tear away from his very Emerald green eyes. Kieran's question from before came back to her "How long has it been?" She breathed in slowly. "You aren't allowed to leave again, okay?" She waited, and he smiled.

"I know what boys like, I know what guys want
I know what boys like, boys like, boys like me!!
"

"Son uva... they need me already?" Kieran flipped open a small cell phone as he helped Addie off the floor. She had jumped at the sudden burst of music, and fallen over as he moved away to answer.

"Yes? What do you want?"
"..."
Kieran looked a bit annoyed, as he sat listening to whoever was on the other line. Addie was in complete confusion at the small box he had in his hand. "What...?" She started, when he suddenly grinned evilly.

"Boss? Yah, I do have an update, actually."
"..."
"I think your friends will like me a bit more for this"
"..."
"Aye, about the girl? I... found her." Addie realized this meant her. She glared at Kieran, demanding answers without actually talking. Kieran hung up the phone with a tart snap.

"This will do quite nicely." He turned to Addie "Wouldn't it be fun to meet your fanclub?"

Last edited by amaSenpai on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 am

Stephen knocked on the door. Sam stood behind him, looking apathetic as always. She stared off down the hall. John answered the door almost immediately, and soon Stephen and Sam were inside and being greeted with warm hugs.

"Where's Cory?" Stephen noted his absence as Sam disappeared into the pantry, reappearing seconds later with a box of fruit loops.

"He left…to look for someone." John answered. Stephen looked back at him quizzically, so John elaborated. "Some friend he's made, a girl, warned him about a hunter the other day. She's real strange though. We don't know a lot about her, but Cory thinks she's completely trustworthy. I haven't met her."

"Werewolf? or human?" Stephen asked, he was frowning

"I don't think anyone knows for sure…what she is at all" John admitted. Stephen raised his eyebrows at this.

Jeremy decided to put in his two cents', "She's not a werewolf, and she is definitely not human. She's more like a vampire."

"Jeremy…" John began to scold.

"Just wait till you see her," Jeremy assured them.

"Vampire…?" Stephen asked.

John muttered something and then tried to change the subject, "How about we discuss other things?" He was anxious to make some moves in the war.

Stephen took in a big breath an let out a huff of air. "All right then, first things first, Why are we at war?"

"Nobody knows," John answered.

They all thought about it for a bit. The only sounds came from the television in the other room and Sam eating the fruit loops straight from the box, where she sat at the bar.

"Vampires don't just declare war…" Stephen said aloud.

"But what did we do?" John said. Then his eyes narrowed in thought and his head tilted slightly. "Cory," he said very quietly, and then louder, "The other night…Cory was on his way home from a party or something, and he was attacked by a vampire. He killed it, but it was on our territory and everything. That's not a reason for them to start a war is it? That kind of thing happens. If they stray out of their bounds, we take care of it."

"Has anything else like that happened recently?" Stephen asked. They all thought in silence again.

"Not until the war was declared I don't think," Jeremy said. "Not from vampires anyway," he corrected, looking at Katherine, "Whoever kidnapped Katherine wanted us to think they were vampires, but they weren't. There's a whole mess of things going on."

"There certainly is," Stephen agreed. "A Wyld was killed. Did you know that?"

"A Wyld?" Jeremy asked, surprised.

"A female non-wolf family member, but yes. Left work and never returned. Family's enraged," Stephen explained. “They're convinced it was a vampire, but they always are…"

Sam wasn’t looking anywhere in particular at the time, but she felt John’s and Jeremy’s eyes on her. She turned to face them and answer their unspoken question, "My mom's cousin's daughter." She looked away again.

"Sorry," John said.

Sam just shrugged a little, "I really didn't know her. You know I’m not as 'family oriented' as most Wylds are."

"Not Wyld-family oriented anyway." Jeremy said, smiling at her.

Sam smiled in the direction she was staring, and grabbed another handful of fruit loops.

They heard the door open at that moment. Then it closed, and soon Cory and Laufeia had joined them in the kitchen. Both John's and Stephen's eyes bulged.

"Uncle Stephen!" Cory greeted him when he saw him. "Oh," he said in response to the look of shock on Stephen’s face. He looked down at his and Laufeia's hands, misjudging the reason for surprise "uh, it's, how she communicates," he said awkwardly, but that's not what concerned Stephen.

"What are you?" he asked, looking at Laufeia.

"Oh," Cory understood why his uncle looked surprised. "Not you too," he complained. "She is not a vampire." He took a deep breath. “Hey Sam!” he was genuinely happy and relieved to see his cousin, but he was also trying to avert their attention from Laufeia. “I’m glad you’re all right. What happened to you the other night? I was worried.”

Sam turned too look at Cory, “My dad and Jeremy and Elizabeth returned,” she answered.

“That’s what I figured,” Cory answered.

A tense silence filled the following moment. John finally spoke, “We were discussing the war.”

“Oh?” Cory asked.

“Do you have any idea why the vampires would declare war on us?” John asked.

Katherine had been sitting quietly on a bar stool not far from Sam. She gasped before Cory could say anything, “Oh!” she exclaimed as everyone looked at her. “Addie! Of course! That was before we heard anything about a war.” Everyone waited for her to explain. “After I was kidnapped, Addie came for me. Honestly, I’m not sure how she got me, she just said ‘Some vampires kidnapped you and I just got you back,’ when I woke up, but she didn’t know her way around, and in her effort to get me back to safety she accidentally wandered deeper into vampire Houston.”

“That’ll do it,” Stephen’s attention had successfully been shifted away from Laufeia.

“Wait,” Cory wanted to backtrack a little, “but, you weren’t kidnapped by vampires, how did Addie get you back from vampires?”

“The vampires had someone kidnap me and bring me to them?” Katherine tried. “I don’t know I wasn’t conscious…”

“No…It doesn't make sense…whoever kidnapped you wanted us to think they were vampires. If vampires wanted you, and wanted us to know it was them, why not just take you themselves?” Cory brainstormed.

Then the answer came to him through Laufeia. Hunters. The hunters wanted you to think it was vampires, and the hunters left her with vampires.

“Hunters!” Cory announced her message, but he turned to ask Laufeia something before he went on, “Why leave her with vampires?”

To start the war of course.

Cory looked at her for a second, and then realization hit. “Oh…” he turned to everyone else. “It’s the hunters, it’s been the hunters all along.”

Last edited by strtrknaxdunivrs on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bloodyredsilver
Contributer
Contributer
bloodyredsilver

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:56 pm

Haku sat waiting for the other to arrive. She had sent Eliza to go get the Peacekeepers so she really had no clue if they were close or not. Haku looked over at the bound Katherine. “I’m tire of waiting,” Haku sighed. Just as she said that the door open and in walked Kieran with an unconscious Addie and the Peacekeepers with Eliza.

“What are they bound up?” Kieran said as he put Addie down.

“Them?” Haku looked at Katherine, Jeremy and a third wolf she hadn’t seen before, “I kidnapped them.”

At that moment Addie woke up and the first thing she saw was a bound up Katherine and a bound up Jeremy. “Katherine! Jeremy! What happen to you guys? Are you okay?” she said as she ran to untie them, but she found Haku blocking her path.

“You can untie the later when everyone gets her, but for now I don’t want rowdy wolves trying to attack me loose,” Haku explained.

“So why did you kidnapped them?” Kieran asked.

“Well, I couldn’t remember if I told Ethan to tell you to get them or not, so I thought I would kidnap Katherine have them trail me here and then explain to them what’s going on. However, there were more of them than I expected. Jeremy and that other one got here first. We had a fight and I tied them up.”

Kieran gave Haku a look. “What?! I don’t want to explain myself twice.” Just then Cory with Laufeia and the many other wolves burst through the door yelling, “What did you do with Katherine?!”

“Don’t worry they’re just fine. However before I let untie them you guys will not attack me because then I would be force to defend and that could get messy and you guys will get hurt.” Haku motioned for Addie to untie them. “Okay, everyone take a sit.”

“Why should we?!” one of the other wolves yelled.

“I could just hurt her,” Haku replied.

“But there are more of us.”

“Are you sure?” Animals began appearing but it was obvious that they were not ordinary.

“Point taken,” and the wolves and Laufeia took a seat.

“Ethan why don’t you start,” Haku said as she sat down.

Ethan steps out of the shadows and the wolves jump. “Since when was there been a vampire here?!” Cory yelled.

“Many hundred years ago,” Ethan said completely ignoring Cory’s exclamation, “two swords were made. One was the called the Celestial Moon Lily the other was called the Divine Sunflower. Those two swords are completely equal in power. However if one wielder has a stronger will one sword would beat the other. The Divine Sunflower aka Sarah has obviously the Divine sunflower.”

“Where’s the other sword?” Hector asked.

“In my possession,” answered Haku. She looked at Eliza, “Bring it out.” Eliza open her mouth and a black hole appear in front of her mouth and a sword started coming out. Haku grabbed the sword and held it in front of her so that everyone can see. “I’m giving this to you guys so you can get rid of the Divine Sunflower.”

“Wait, since you had it why didn’t you kill her?” ask one of the wolves.

“I was under contract and now I have to go and do something else.”

“No, that’s not good enough. We want to know what’s going on.” Shiro said.

“What?”

“He’s right,” Addie said, “we know nothing about you guys. Why should we trust you?”

“Kieran trusts us.” Haku said.

“I trust you guys about as far as I can throw Ethan,” Kieran replied, “which is pretty far but beside the point.”

“So, what do you want,” Haku asked, her eyebrow twitching, “our life story?”

Everybody nodded their head and there was a few mumbles of “yes.” “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Haku said. She then flung herself into a chair, “Ethan, you do your story first, you’re older.”

“Ummm…okay. I was born about four centuries ago. My parents were poor and wanted me to survive so they starved and gave me the little that we had. I was seven when they died but before they died they said that I had to survive. So I did. I stole food and money. As I stole more my reputation grew, not just my ability to steal but apparently my looks too. That, unfortunately attracted some homosexual vampires,” Ethan paused and shuddered, “I killed them and my reputation in the vampire community grew. They decided that they wanted me as one of them and not just as a fledgling but as a pureblood.”

“What’s a pureblood?” asked Cory.

“There are two types of vampires: purebloods and fledglings. Purebloods, when they were changed into a vampire the blood used were from the original vampire. The blood used to change fledgling are the pureblood’s blood or another fledgling’s blood. Also, all vampires have super strength, speed, and smell, but a pureblood gets another ability. That ability is that if we ever feed on someone with super natural powers, we gain that power. So I was then turned. I don’t mind being a vampire nor do I love it but I never had the bloodlust or the thrill of the hunt feelings that the other vampires had. So I traveled and eventually I came to the Americas and met two hunters named Eli and Haku. Eli was like a little brother to me and Haku,” Ethan stopped and gave Haku a look, “was like something else completely.”

Haku sighed, “Now is not the time.”

“I also met Kieran. We fought, that fight ended up at a stalemate and afterwards we became drinking buddies.”

“Wait that doesn’t explain why Haku was helping the Divine Sunflower or why she can’t help us get rid of her now.” Hector stated.

“I helped her because I was under contract and I can’t help you now is because I have something else I need to do and the likelihood of me surviving is slim.”
Back to top Go down
bloodyredsilver
Contributer
Contributer
bloodyredsilver

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:51 pm

“I helped her because I was under contract and I can’t help you now is because I have something else I need to do and the likelihood of me surviving is slim.”

Everybody gave Haku a looked. “Fine, Eli and I were born in the Order of the Divine Sunflower, trained since we were small to become hunters. Back then the order didn’t try for global cleansing but we just tried to stop those that we thought were doing bad things. That means vampires, wolves, even humans. We befriended Ethan but Alexander was jealous that his best bud was hanging out with him but instead was hanging out with some humans. He turned Eli into a vampire. Fledgling vampires’ first instinct is to feed and it will always be the ones closest to them. So he went after me. Ethan found me just too late.”

~*~*flashback*~*~
Eli had suddenly attacked Haku and she didn’t know what to do. It was obvious he was a vampire now but it was Eli. He had her cornered her and brought up his sword to attack. Haku did the only thing she knew to do in a situation like this and that was to take her dagger and stab Eli. He was shocked but then smile and embraced Haku. “I sorry I was weak,” Eli whispered, “Take my sword, it might help you one day. I hope Ethan protects you because I wasn’t able to.” His eyelids closed as his body fell.

Ethan burst into the room to find Haku crying over a dead Eli.

“Why did you turn him?” Haku asked.

“I didn’t, it was Alexander.” Ethan replied.

Haku was still for a moment then she stood up. She told Eliza to store the sword and started heading out the door. Ethan grabbed her wrist, “Where are you going?”

“Isn’t it obvious, to kill Alexander.”

“You’re not strong enough to beat him.”

“Then what am I suppose to do?!” Haku cried.

Ethan pulled her into an embraced, “I have a plan, but you have to go into suspended animation while a set the plan into motion. I will wake you up when the time comes.” Right after he said that he took a step back muttered a spell and Haku was in encased in crystal.

~*~*end flashback~*~*~

“The person that wok me up was Sarah instead of Ethan. I had to go into a contract with whoever wakes me up. The contract was that for the next five years I had to help her take of the order and then help her with her plans of world cleansing. I was allowed three conditions. I choose that she couldn’t make me kill Ethan, Eliza or myself because all I could think about was revenge.”

“So, I helped her kill the former Divine Sunflower, I helped her destroy the Peacekeepers and I helped start this war. You guys can hate me for all I care but I’m giving you a chance to destroy her. I’m going to leave in an hour I’m going to come back if you decided to take my offer just take the sword and go. If not, then go and leave the sword here.”

Haku and Ethan stood up and left.
Back to top Go down
lunavantango
lunavantango

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:58 pm

The sun slowly crept under the horizon line. Its fainting rays pressed past the blinds of the window in the motel room. Evelyn and Alexander made it to the state that afternoon. They ultimately decided to sit and wait for any news before fleeing the state. At that point, the Wyld was yet to chase after them. It was hard for them to move in the daylight. Anyone could spot them and blow their cover. In the night, though, no one would hesitate to dismiss two sudden blurs and the sound of ruffling grass.

Alexander passively skimmed the channels. He never watched television. He flipped the channels to pass the time and to quiet his anxiety. Evelyn sat on the air unit by the window. She looked off into the horizon scanning the nearby pastures for any sudden movement. Though, she knew if the Wyld were nearby, she would be able to detect them long before she caught sight of them.

"Everything seems to be going off without a hitch," Evelyn looked back at Alexander wearily, "Something's wrong. I can feel it. Running away shouldn't be this easy."

Alexander sighed heavily and looked away, "I know how you feel."

"I'm not afraid, though," Evelyn slowly made her way to Alexander. "I know that we can handle this."

Alexander looked at her and smiled. "Of course."

Evelyn sat down beside him and rested her head on his chest. Alexander rested his chin on her head. "Why do you suppose Ethan stayed behind?" Evelyn asked.

"Haku," Alexander answered concisely.

Evelyn shifted and looked up at him inquisitively, "Haku?"

He remained silent.

"I thought he was through with her," Evelyn added.

Alexander smiled obviously amused by her word choice, "No, he is ever so loyal to his beloved huntress."

"I've never met her before," Evelyn mused. "What is she like?"

Alexander laughed to himself, then answered. "She has a short temper and she's really sarcastic. She can be nice, though. That is-if she likes you."

"Like you," Evelyn teased.

He laughed, again. "No."

"Are they...in love?" she asked.

Alexander paushed before answering. Evelyn could hear the rush of thoughts running through his mind as he considered an answer. "He is visibly enfatuated with her."

"Why isn't she his companion?"

"Companion?" Alexander remained silent for a moment. He shifted to his side and looked at Evelyn directly. He took her chin in his hand and smiled wryly. "You know, not all vampires make companions for themselves. It isn't a very common practice. We don't usually fall for humans. You know that..."

"I do," she paused, "but they have been together for so long-"

"Well, for one, Haku doesn't like the idea of drinking blood for a living." Alexander let go of Evelyn's chin and sat back. "And two, she prefers beign a human."

"Hm," Evelyn closed her eyes for a moment.

Instantly, she realized echoes had been pounding her mind for quite a portion of their conversation. "Alex," she gasped. He had just tuned into the sound, as well.

The Wyld finally made their way to Texarkana. The town was close to the border line. Neither Alexander nor Evelyn had anticipated their arrival so early.

Evelyn could hear them mapping out their next move. The Wyld had raided every motel room on their way from Houston. The process had not delayed them, though. They involved several clans in their search. Neither Evelyn nor Alexander had anticipated that decision. The Wyld were usually too proud to involve other clans in their matters. With the war waging on in the city, though, the Wyld decided to take precautionary measures. They were perplexed to find only Evelyn and Alexander's scent. The wolves' assumed the vampires would form coalition, as well.

Evelyn knew that they had slim chances of escaping, together. Alexander was keen on that fact, too. It went without saying, though. Alexander took Evelyn in his arms and held her tightly. "Please, just run. Don't stop to count them, just run," he pleaded.

"Will you do the same?" she asked.

He didn't answer.

"Promise that you won't try to fight them," she pleaded.

He didn't answer.

"Please, Alexander," she spoke softly, "I need you to stay alive."

He held her face and kissed her. Evelyn could felt a gust of air and noticed when her feet no longer touched the ground. When she opened her eyes, she was standing outside in a clearing over the state line. She could hear his voice linger in the wind. "Good bye, Evey."

She looked towards the town, alone.

Last edited by lunavantango on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mune Muromara
Mune Muromara

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Before they leave, Lin notices a book on a desk.
"Hector, What's in the book?" Lin meowed as she hops onto the desk.Hector walks over and sits on a dusty chair as Mira walks through the dusty room and sits on the floor next to the chair.
Mira moves Hector's hand off it and flips the pages open in front of Lin.
"Looks like Mira wants to explain it to you."
her mouth moves as the story unravels in front of Lin. The events of all their parents flash quickly through Lin's mind as Mira keeps moving her lips.

-------------------------------------------

A young woman with burning red hair, in dark red combat gear runs down a white hall. Behind her a man in a black coat similar to Hector's follows. She turns around, rapier in hand and attempts to stab him. At the same time her pulls out both of his pistols and fires. Two darts hit her in the forehead, and the plastic blade bounces off the man.
"I win Minerva!" The man laughed as the plastic rapier falls to the ground. "Kiro, that's not fair!" Minerva cried out.
"Oh c'mon, you use the sword and I use pistols!" Kiro began,"It's just a matter of preference!"
Another young man appears behind Kiro and chops him in the back of the head.
"Ow!" Kiro cried out as he turns around,"Tensai!"
"Guns are pretty cheap." Tensai muffled as he picks up Minerva.
"Yeah right, you have your 'Ki' or whatever, and Minerva has her 'magic' I guess."
"I think your mocking me aren't you?" Tensai glared.
"Oh I think not, I mean, Key, it's for a door isn't it?"
"That's it."
Tensai stomps forward palm out and releases a bright energy, Kiro flies backwards and into a wall.
"Tensai, aren't you going overboard?" Minvera asked.
"Maybe, I can't have a little fun either?"
"Trying to act serious?"
"Because it's hilarious."
"You both will never change." Minerva rolls her eyes as she turns around.
"Hey isn't anyone going to help me!?" Kiro cried out.

-----------------------------------

"Those were your parents?" Lin asked as Mira nods and keeps moving her lips.
"Kiro is Hector's dad?"
Mira nods as she flips the book to his picture, A little boy about waist high stands right next to Kiro.
"Awww, Hector was so cute back then," Lin meowed,"What happened?"
Hector twitches and flicks Lin's nose, Mira chuckles lightly.
"So Tensai is Shiro's dad and Minerva is your Mom?"
Mira nods and flips the pages a happy little boy runs around a silent, but smiling little girl. Behind the both of them stands Tensai and Minerva.
"Wait, but how do you get your powers if you don't use familiars?" Lin asked.
The room grew silent, Mira opened her mouth but immediately shut it.
"When you join the peacekeepers, you need to have your powers, it is based on who you sacrifice and how strong your bond is with that person." Hector began, "We are the second generation, we did not have to sacrifice anyone, since we inherited the abilities. But the first generation had to sacrifice their spouse or close loved one that wasn't blood related."
"You mean..." Lin meowed.
"Yeah, My Dad sacrificed my Mom, and same with Shiro's while Mira's mother didn't want to sacrifice her husband, but he was terminally ill and saw it for the greater good." Hector said.
"Why are we the last one's Is probably one of the stories you never heard. So I'll tell you."

-----------------------------------

"Kiro!" Tensai shouted as he broke through the ranks.
"Kiro! Where are you!?"
Up ahead of Tensai gunshots firing in rapid succession is heard.
"Over here!" Kiro shouted as he kicked a Hunter in the air and lets out a volley of bullets.
Tensai jumps behind Kiro and looks around as even more Hunters begin to Encircle them.
"Are we the only ones left?" Kiro asked as he reloads his pistols.
"Minerva is still going." Tensai said, as a pillar of fire rises into the sky.
"Well I can see that now."
"Got a plan Kiro?"
"No, Do you?"
"No."
"Wing it?"
"Let's do it." Tensai said as he claps his hands together, and begins to focus his inner energies. Kiro jumps up into the air Above him, a few familiars jump in at him with a few Hunters. Tensai holds up his hands above him and releases the energy into Kiro's pistols. He lets out an explosive volley as the familiars and their hunters dissipate into the energy.
Kiro lands on the ground, Tensai relaxes as the area around them is cleared. But in the distance the heat of flames and hunters are still seen.
"We have to go save Minerva!" Kiro said as he reloads his pistols again. Tensai runs ahead of Kiro without a word.
"Atleast tell me before you run ahead!"

-----------------------------------------

"The Sunflower Crusades?" Lin asked. Mira nods as a tear rolls down her face and she looks away from Lin. Hector looks down and looks at Lin with a depressed look.
"The Sunflower Crusades are when the Divine Sunflower and the Hunters decided to eliminate the Peacekeepers." Shiro said as he walked into the room.
"Originally both factions did not intervene with another since we had similar actions, to keep peace. But something happened, their organization changed and they started with us." Hector said.
"Our parents and another were the last ones standing on the final day."

------------------------------------------

The ground became gray with the ashy remains of the Hunters. Minerva stands around mounds of it as orbs of fire rotate around her. In the distance a Hunter carrying two daggers is seen approaching her. In front of that Hunter is a young girl, in her hands a sunflower. Minerva's eyes widen as she sees the Divine Sunflower in front of her. Both of them stop and the Divine Sunflower places the Sunflower on the ground. Suddenly roots sprout up from the ground and attempts to encase Minerva.
"Minerva!" A Young man shouts as he slams his spear onto the ground. The roots are torn asunder and Minerva jumps backwards toward the Young man.
"Sand, what took you so long?"
"I was hiding the children and the treasures."
"I hope my little girl is alright."
"Don't worry, I asked Master Yi to keep them from being detected with a spell."
Minerva relaxes with a sigh of relief, but tenses up again when she remembers her threat.

The Divine sunflower and the Hunter begin to approach the both of them again. Sand looks at the both of them and gets into a battle stance.
"Sarah, The New Divine Sunflower, and Haku the Deadliest Hunter we will ever see." Sand said as he stomps his feet into the ground. Minerva moves behind him and begins whispering a few words while moving her sword. Haku disappears from Sand's sight all of a sudden.
"What...Where did..." Sand began, but it was too late as the dagger enters his side and rips out from his side. Minerva is surprised and quickly finishes her spell, she encases herself and Sand in an armor of flames.
Haku leaps back and says,"Your lucky you grounded yourself well."
Sand looks at her wearily as he lifts his feet from the ground and slowly approaches her. Minerva moves the opposite direction and faces Haku. Minerva stands to the left of her, and Sand to the right. Haku throws her daggers at both of them. Minerva and Sand dodges them, but immediately Haku pulls some wires and the Daggers moves back toward her. A large ball of water suddenly appears around Minerva and Sand, the fire armor dissipates the water into steam and dissapears as well. Sarah walks up to Haku with Sunflower in hand. With a wave of Sarah's hand another ball of water Engulfs Sand.
Minerva screams, but nothing comes out, in her neck Haku's dagger lays there lodges deep within her neck. Minerva sees her vision fading and moves her lips. Sand tries to hold his breath as long as he can, but lets it all out. He looks silently on at Minerva.
"Sorry, I failed my promise to you." Sand thought.
"See you soon." Minerva's lips said as she falls backwards onto the ground. Immediately a pillar of flames erupts from her body. Haku slides backwards to avoid it. The Ball of water breaks away and Sand's lifeless body falls to the ground.

In the distance Kiro and Tensai spot the death of their comrades and run faster to their target. Kiro looks at Tensai, and he looks back, they both nod. Kiro suddenly bursts with speed and moves on ahead. Haku looks to her left and Sees Tensai, her left eye is blocked. The butt of Kiro's pistol in her face as he slams into her. Haku's body bends back but she turns back upright and glares at Kiro as he slides to turn around.

A Wave of energy emits from Tensai as he clasps his hands and holds his palms forward. Sarah swings her sunflower at Tensai's direction releasing her own energy. The pulsing of air slows down Tensai a little. As he finally reaches within a few yards of them.

Kiro pulls out his pistols and starts firing as he quickly dashes around Haku. Every bullet that was fired came from a different angle and a different direction. Haku keeps her eyes on Kiro and uses her daggers to deflect each bullet.
"Damn it, she can keep up with my speed, but what if I did this!" Kiro thought as he sped up even more.
"He's trying to go even faster, anymore and he'll tear his own body to shreds." Haku thought as she deflected even more bullets.

Tensai charges at Sarah, he raises his leg above Sarah and swings it down. Sarah blocks with the sunflower and a magical barrier is lightly seen blocking the attack.
"A Barrier huh?" Tensai asked as he began hopping around her.
"So you must think your a genius now huh?" Sarah retorted as she stood her ground.
"Magic tricks won't stop my will to kill you!" Tensai shouted as the dust begins to rise around him.
"This isn't a magic trick, it's bending of reality to MY will!" Sarah said as she holds out the sunflower in front of her.

Kiro speeds back forty yards in seconds and fires a few bullets and speeds back behind the bullets. As he speeds back he fires more to keep up with the speed of the first, creating a wall of bullets. Haku swings her daggers in front of her and electricity begins flowing through them as she gives them a rotational spin. The bullets veer off course and back at Kiro. He notices a little too late as he tries to dodge it, half his body is shot apart from his own attack.
"Sorry my boy, but I can't play with you anymore...." Kiro thought as he fell to the ground, into a pool of ash and blood.

Tensai finishes focusing his inner energies and slams his hand onto the ground, But nothing happens.
"What's...going on?" Tensai thought, suddenly the earth rips open from under him. Sarah swung her Sunflower down as soon as Tensai did and nullified his energies. She swings her Sunflower up toward the sky, and roots tear into Tensai's body impaling him in hundreds of directions.
"I'll see everyone soon..." Tensai thought as he closed his eyes and embraced his death. The earth closed back up onto him and the field lay empty.

---------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry... I didn't know..." Lin said as she closed the book.
"It's ok your part of our family now, you should know." Shiro said as he picked up Lin.
"We should get going." Hector said.
Mira nodded.
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Requiem_Guild/index.php?
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:07 am

"The Divine Sunflower has been trying to instigate a war between vamps and wolves, so that we'll kill each other off," explained Cory. Everyone else saw it too. The room was silent for a moment.

“I’m going to call my brother,” Stephen announced.

“Pass the phone around,” John requested as Stephen walked out of the kitchen.

Everyone was relatively quiet, in thought. Jeremy left the kitchen and headed back toward the family room. Sam followed.

“Cory,” John nodded toward the hallway, “a moment?” Cory followed him around the corner. "I thought J was exaggerating,” he began, speaking very low, ”but she's extremely uncomfortable to be around. You don't feel that?"

Cory sighed, "What is wrong with you all? Why am I the only one not bothered by her?" he asked. She wasn't a vampire, and they knew it.

John half frowned and looked at his brother. "Cory, that could be because of…what happened."

Cory hadn't thought of that, but that had never held him back before. Being "half" werewolf meant he couldn't really transform, but he had most of the skills. He had always been able to tell vampires from non-vampires. He decided to point that out. "I know a vampire when I see one," he said it cooly.

"Why does every werewolf but you think something's not right about her?" John asked.

"I don’t know, John. What does it matter? She's not a vampire, and you know it. If she were, we wouldn't be able to stay in the same room as her for so long," Cory said.

"Still, Cory, she's…something. Keep in mind we don’t know a lot about her, and just, stay alert, be careful, that's all I'm saying."

Cory nodded in acknowledgment of his brother's warning and went back to the kitchen. Katherine had left, so it was just him and Laufeia now.

He opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Gatorade. "Uh, want anything?" he asked. Laufeia shook her head. They stood at the island in the middle of the kitchen. Cory leaned on his right forearm.

“Laufeia, can I ask you something? he began. She didn’t object, she didn't move at all. He took that as a yes. “What…are you?” She didn’t answer right away. Then slowly, she reached out for his arm. She had just placed her hand on his arm, when she suddenly ripped it away and spun around to face the windows, black with the night. “What?” Cory asked. Seconds later, he heard John’s and Jeremy’s low growling. They rushed into the kitchen as the hairs on the back of Cory’s neck stood up straight, and he understood what was going on. Stephen and the girls followed John and Jeremy, and everyone was in the kitchen again.

Jeremy was struggling. His eyes were huge, and he was twitching at his neck.

“Vampires” Cory said quietly. Everyone was looking over the counter at the windows now.

Jeremy couldn’t hold it in. With a giant snarl he leaped into the air. He landed on the counter between them and the windows, and when he landed he had transformed. He wasn’t quite like a normal wolf, but he was no longer a human. He paced back and forth on the counter. John and Cory jumped onto the island.

“What are they here for?” John asked.

“What about the girls?” Cory asked.

“Stay behind us as best you can. If things are looking really bad, do not hesitate to run, try to get away. Do you understand?” Stephen ordered. Katherine nodded slightly, nervously. Sam did not reply. “Samantha! You run!” She looked away from her father.

At that moment the windows shattered. Pieces of glass rained down everywhere, and five vampires stood before them. Laufeia had walked around the counter, and stood closer to the windows than anyone else. A tall, dark haired vampire stood feet in front of her. Four others stood behind him.

“Hello again, old friend.” He said.

“Friend?” John spat. Cory snorted.

In a flash, Laufeia reached out and grabbed his face. She forced his face to bend down to the side a bit. His face was full of anger, his teeth barred, and when he started laughing, it wasn’t a friendly laugh. “Why would I leave?” he asked her, and then he pushed her hand away, “I’ve just arrived.” Cory snarled. He snorted, “You think you can save her, cub?” He asked. He and Laufeia glared at each other for a few seconds and then he began speaking again. “You finally snapped, didn’t you?” He asked. “First, I find you, here…of all places. And then, I find out, this,” he gestured toward the family behind her, “is what you’re here for. What could you possibly want with these…infants? And not only are you hanging out with werewolves in Houston, you lead me straight to them…after I warned you. Do you think you are a god?…Well at any rate…they are very unfortunate.” He snapped and the four vampires standing behind him attacked. Excluding Samantha and Katherine, they were evenly matched. There was one vamp per wolf. The tall, dark haired vampire and Laufeia continued to glare at each other as if their heads were in a large brace designed to keep them that way. “You will not see the light of another day," he promised her, "…and neither will your pets,” and then they were fighting too.

Katherine backed away from the fights, tugging Sam by the sleeve. “What can we do?” she asked. Sam picked up a remote that was lying on the counter they were standing by. "What are you doing?" Katherine asked. Sam pressed a few buttons and then Katherine grabbed her ears. Loud music erupted all around them from various speakers throughout the apartment. It drowned out most of the snarling and crashing caused by the fights. “They won’t be happy, but it’s better that the neighbors hear that,” Sam explained. Katherine looked, horrified, from pair to pair. Vampires and werewolves whirled around, snapping, slashing. Jeremy was not the only transformed werewolf anymore.

Whine, thump, thump.

“John!” Katherine yelled. He had been propelled into a wall and fallen to the floor. No one else was free from their fight yet. His opponent grinned evilly and was almost purring as he approached John, who was struggling to get up. And then Laufeia was standing between them. Her opponent was standing beside John’s in no time.

“Let him finish,” her opponent ordered. Cory stole a quick look in that direction. He saw Laufeia's lips curl back, letting out a nasty snarl, and revealing her teeth for, Cory realized, the first time. She had been careful to keep them hidden around Cory and his family before, and now he realized why. Two of her teeth were extra-long, and extra-sharp, just like a vampire's.
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 am

Addie looked at the 'divine moon lily flower' sword, or whatever is was. Either way, it had a stupid name. 'but apparently, it is powerful' She thought as her hand reached out to pick it up. "I.. don't particularly use anything with a longer range than my own." The sword was mid-length, small, with a slight glowing blue aura. Engravings of what was supposedly Very pretty.

"Oh!" The werewolf's face lit up with an idea. Grinning like a child she turned to Katherine. "If your sister wields sunflower, then you should be the one to have this, right?" The others nodded. That is how the whole thing works, after all. Addie pushed the sword Vehemently into Katherine's hands. Addie's expectant smile dropped as quickly as the blade to the ground.

"What the hell, this is so heavy!!" Katherine struggled to lift the slim weapon, her face turning pink from the effort. She got it up, the force only making her swing around to hit the floor once more. "Oh! This is impossible!!" She was still trying to pick it up.

Cory and Jeremy burst out laughing

"Are you... serious? Really and truly??" Addie looked disappointed at the flaw in her thinking. All the stories and legends she had always heard or, where the one destined person that nobody thought could win becomes the savior, just went out the window. Jeremy shrugged "I guess you have to be somewhat cool for it to work"

"EXCUSE me??" Katherine glared at the boy. "Let me see YOU do it" The wolves jumped at this, each wanting to try and see if they were the ones who would be able to challenge the Divine Sunflower. Addie sighed. "Kei, what about you?" Kieran shifted his amused gaze from the pack to her. "Ah, thanks, but no thanks. I have no interest in killing some plant." He grinned. "Pro'bably wouldn't have worked for me anyhow."

Addie looked at him sideways, teasing. "You never know."

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T,
find out what it means to me..."

Kieran flipped out his phone. "Mm?"
"..."
"Yes, of course"
Addie stared yet again at the small box he was talking to. He hung up, a happy look on his face. Her small hand snatched the phone, and she stared with eyes sparkling at the wonder of it. Kieran smirked, trying not to laugh at her lack of technological knowledge. Instead, he walked purposely to the door, taking her arm and leading her out.

"We'll just leave them to figure out who gets the sword" Addie up at him from her new found toy a bit confused as to why he was leaving. "Ethan wants a double date." He smiled widely at her expression, laughing at how quickly her face flushed.

"Date?!" She squeaked.

A few blocks away, Haku was venting out her rage. "Date?? What the hell for??!!" Ethan looked at her with a fake pout. "But.. we could find out so much about our new allies..." Haku narrowed her eyes at him. "You just want to go drinking"

He grabbed his heart dramatically. "Ah, how could you think that?" The hunter rolled her eyes. "Fine. I this could be the last time I have any fun, so why not?" Ethan beamed at her evilly, knowing he won.

"You didn't win." She said point blank, before turning to see an odd commotion.

"Put me down!!! I don't wanna go!!" Kieran flashed a smile to Ethan, despite a not so compliant Addie thrashing about over his shoulder. "Who ever said I wanted a date with you?!" She had been arguing with him the entire way. He put her down at this, now that they had met up with Haku and Ethan.

"You... hate me then?" Kieran looked away, quiet. "I understand, a date is asking too much..." Addie jumped up, genuinely worried about his feelings. "Wait, no, I do!! I really do want a date! I could never--" His eyes flashed triumphantly. "Wonderful! Let's go then!" He led the disbelieved girl by the hand, and she followed in a daze.

Haku looked amused, knowing just how the werewolf felt. She was suddenly glad at her 'compromise' to go. This would be a good break.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:25 pm

"What?" Cory whispered to himself, shocked. Then he thrust his elbow into the face of the vampire he was fighting against, turning his attention back to his fight. "UH! You stupid mindless drone! Get off already!" He punched the vampire into the floor. Cory lifted his foot to stomp on his opponent, but he was too slow. The vampire pulled on his leg so that Cory was on the ground too. "Ow." Cory reached for the back of his head. It hurt. He realized his opponent was over him, mouth open, teeth sharp and shinning. Cory thrust his hand into the vampire's chest. Vampire blood ran down his arm. "ehw" He pulled his hand out. The vampire rolled away from him. Had Cory been a little stronger he would have been able to finish him off, but he was sore from being slammed into the ground. He managed to get up and stumble after the very injured vampire who was trying to recover before Cory could end the fight.

Elsewhere, Stephen was putting up a good fight. He was the eldest and most experienced. He shoved his vampire into a wall. The enraged vampire managed to kick Stephen to the ground, and then leap over him. He eyed Sam watching where she stood next to Katherine in the mouth of a hallway not far away. He looked at Stephen, still on the floor, and then looked back at the girls. Katherine disappeared completely. He took a step toward Sam. She didn't move, but just stared at him.

"Don't you LOOK at my daughter!" Stephen roared. The vampire turned around too late. Stephen slammed into him and crushed him against the laundry room door. Sam had stepped out of the way just in time. She handed her father some heavy rope and a large knife. "Ah, good thinking." He tied up the vampire, and thrust the knife into his heart. He could destroy it later. "Samantha…" he hugged her.

"Go," she ordered, pushing him off and handing him more rope and knives. He groaned a little as he made his way through the kitchen, past Jeremy's fight, to check on the other fighting pairs. He paused for a second to regain a little more strength, then looked out from the kitchen.

John had hit the wall hard, if Laufeia had not come, his vampire would have probably ended their battle, but Laufeia had come. She stood between him and his opponent, as well as her opponent, protecting him, giving him a chance to recover. When John started to stand, his opponent lunged down at him. Laufeia kicked him away across the room.

"What do you protect him for? It's your fault he's in this position." Laufeia's tall, dark haired vampire asked. "You really are crazy."

The wolves were large, she didn't have to strain to touch John. By the time the vampire realized she had reached out for John's head it was too late. She only needed a second to tell John everything. "NO!" The vampire roared, kicking at where her hand touched his head. John ducked out of the way, and grabbed at the leg with his teeth. Laufeia pinned the vampire to the ground and then John launched himself off her back across the room to his vampire. The vampire caught John as he landed on him and they tumbled around.

Stephen was looking for everyone He had walked past Jeremy, He saw John when he left the kitchen. He didn't see Cory. He moved to the dinning room. He heard a crash and ran into John's bedroom. Cory was breathing hard, the vampire lay broken on the floor. "Here," Stephen threw Cory the coil of rope, and threw a knife into the wall. "We'll take care of 'em later. Come on." He nodded outside the room. Cory tied up the Vampire and stabbed the knife through his heart. Then he followed his uncle out of the room. "Good job, by the way." Stephen added as the approached the others.

Cory was still breathing hard. He swallowed. "Thanks."

"I'll help J, you join in here," Stephen gestured toward the other two fights, and disappeared into the kitchen.

Cory looked at Laufeia and gulped, remembering what he had seen minutes ago. She had protected John, but, her teeth. They were unmistakably the teeth of a vampire. He had been so sure she wasn't, but then, what was with the teeth? He remembered her eating lemons the previous morning. Did vampires eat lemons?

"NOO!" Cory roared. He rushed forward to help John too late. John's vampire had picked up the sofa. He slammed it down on John. An enraged Cory pummeled the unsuspecting vampire. A knife flew over Cory's head and into the wall, just above his him. Cory ducked and swirled his head around. He saw Sam standing in the kitchen. He turned back around and grabbed the knife. He plunged it into the vampire's heart, and shoved the body aside. He lifted the sofa off John. He found the limp body of a large wolf underneath. "No…" he muttered. "John!" He scooped up John's body in his arms. He made his room. He laid John on his bed, and ran out again. He found Uncle Stephen still helping Jeremy. "Uncle Stephen!" he called. Stephen broke away from the fight. He looked at Cory and realized something was wrong. "John," Cory explained, "it's bad. He's in my room." Stephen took off in the direction of the bedrooms. Cory helped Jeremy. He could see Laufeia fighting out of the corner of his eye. He knew exactly what Jeremy would be saying right now if he could talk. Cory heard his younger brother's sarcastic, bitter voice in his head. She's got excellent teeth doesn't she?

Together, Cory and Jeremy had no trouble finishing off the vampire. Sam brought the knife herself this time, and even stabbed the vampire. Jeremy licked her arm.

"Gross," she said as she stood up. "My father hasn't returned," she noted. "Probably a good sign," she added when Cory shut his eyes. She couldn't hear herself over the music, but she knew the boys could hear her.

Cory opened his eyes. There was a fire about them. "Come on J," he said, "let's take care of this creep. He walked toward the final fight. Jeremy nudged Sam in the opposite direction. She rolled her eyes and moved very little. Then Jeremy followed Cory.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:38 pm

When Cory walked in, Laufeia and the vampire were circling each other. Cory walked up to them. He was burning with fury. The vampire's eyes flashed at Cory, then went back to Laufeia. Jeremy walked in behind Cory. Everyone in the room stood still. Sam and Katherine watched from the kitchen. Then Stephen walked in too, and the vampire was heavily outnumbered. All of his minions were now incapacitated. In the blink of an eye, he reached into his pocket and pulled out some kind of small capsule, which he plunged into the ground at their feet. A white dust filled the air. The wolves recoiled from the unknown powder. The dust was not fast to settle. Cory ran around the cloud to the windows. Laufeia had not ventured to escape the dust, and now, Cory saw, she was standing in front of one of the windows. Virtually all the glass was gone, and wind blew freely into the apartment. It whipped the hair around Laufeia's face. She was otherwise a statue, looking out the window into the city night.

"He's gone?" Cory said.

Laufeia grabbed his arm in less than the blink of an eye.

That will not be the last we see of Victor Corrado.

Cory wasn't quite sure how to respond, and, since he was still full of adrenaline and fury, he thought it might be better if he didn't. So he turned and made for his bedroom instead.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Sam was waiting for him in the kitchen. Everyone else must of already been with John. When Cory and his cousin entered the room, he first noticed Katherine kneeling on the floor next to the bed. Jeremy was standing at the foot of the bed. Sam walked over to stand by Jeremy. Cory was almost afraid to fully look at John. He felt sickly hollow as he advanced far enough to get a good look at him. John looked terrible, but Cory swore he had looked worse when he brought him in. He felt like he could breathe again. Healing is always a good sign. He turned around to his uncle, who was leaning on the wall next to the doorway. By his look, Stephen knew what Cory was wondering.

"Just needs rest," he said softly. Cory nodded and turned back to John. A great weight seemed to ease off of him.

The silence was broken when Stephen's phone rang. Cory looked back at his uncle. Jeremy and Sam turned their heads too. Stephen looked to see who it was before he answered.

"Your brother?" Sam asked. His eyes widened as she spoke.

"No…" he said "yours." He answered the phone. "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
lunavantango
lunavantango

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:14 pm

An eerie gust of wind swept over the clearing. Evelyn trembled as she measured the gravity of her circumstances. Alexander was gone and he might be gone forever. Alexander left to assure that the Wyld would not find her. He did not want them to reach her, at all. The Wyld could conquer either vampire alone, but only with the effort of their entire group. If Alexander could split the group, he could split their chance at victory. Evelyn did not need to read his mind to know his intent. The development of his intent, though, she knew was completely left up to chance. So many things could go wrong. Alexander was a very experienced pureblood. Therefore, he was virtually indestructable. Chance, though, had never run on Evelyn's side. She feared it might escape her. She feared for Alexander's life.
Minutes passed quickly as Evelyn stood motionless in the middle of the clearing. She knew she could not afford to hesitate for so long. Her hesitation could easily grant her death. The Wyld were certain to find her, if she remained still. Though she was also a pureblood, Evelyn was much younger and considerably inexperienced. She could falter due to her lack of experience in combat. Any simple mistake she could make could grant her death.
Another gust of wind swept over vacant clearing. This time, the wind carried with it the scent of a lone wolf. Evelyn's muscles tensed as she anticipated the brawl that marched her way. The wolf was still too far for her to reach his thoughts. His presence was unmistakeable, though. The grass crunched under the weight of his paws as he inched forward. Evelyn could tell by his pace that he intended to surprise Evelyn. He still assumed he had the element of surprise. His confidence amused Evelyn. She smirked knowingly.
A few seconds passed. Evelyn expected more wolves to follow behind him. Nothing else approached her, though. It seemed as though the wolf had found her only by chance. Evelyn was slightly relieved, but only slightly.
"Purebloods!" Evelyn could hear him scoff. "She hasn't even heard me, yet."
Evelyn was glad to hear that he still assumed to be advantaged.
"They're weak, just like anything else!" he thought.
Evelyn retored in thought, "But not as weak as you."
Without warning, the wolf was launched across the field. He landed on a jagged rock and howled in pain. He looked up at Evelyn and sneered. She reciprocated with a condescending grin.
"Why don't you crawl back to your den with your tail between your legs?" Evelyn spat.
The wolf rolled onto its legs and stood bracing for a pounce. He beared his fangs and then scratched his claws against the dry ground.
Once again, Evelyn struck before he could sense her movement. She tossed him into the ground and proceeded to assualt him. The wolf got up and charged at her. He could not match her speed though. She stood across from him and anticiapted his next move. The wolf was making a visible effort to conceal his frustration. He hunched his shoulders forward and glared at her intensely.
"She's too fast," he thought. "I need to find a way to get past her speed. How?"
They remained locked in a stare for a long time. Neither of them moved. Their breath was inaudible.
"I'll get her from the left," he thought.
Evelyn met him on the right evading his attack.
They stepped back facing each other and stepped about a tight circle.
"So you can hear me," he thought, "Good."
Evelyn was surprised to hear that he had just realized that. She anticipated another trick, though.
"Right."
Evelyn jumped over him as he charged at her from the left.
"Right"
Evelyn let him charge up to her and kicked him away. The wolf skid across the sharp grass.
"Agh," he shouted in pain, "Left!"
Evelyn caught sight of him approaching her from the left. She stepped aside swiftly completely missing his blow.
The wolf began to dash about her sporadically. She could keep up with his movements easily, but there was no way of telling where he would move next. The wold had closed his eyes. He was guidng himself solely by his scent. Evelyn hesitated for a moment. He took the opportunity and flipped himself into the air. He land on her and pushed her into the ground. His claws ripped into her flesh and he proceeded to grip onto her neck with his fangs. There was nothing she could do at that point.
Moments later, he dragged her mauled figured across the clearing. He brutishly pulled her by her wrist. He was in his human form. Evelyn was badly torn apart. She closed her eyes and knew she could not struggle.
"Hey, Dad?" the wolf picked up his cellphone and phoned home.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 pm

"Hello?"

"Hey, dad?"

"You sound surprised," said Stephen.

"Uhh…yea. I thought I was calling my uncle." explained his son.

"…I see…wrong number." said Stephen, disappointed, but not surprised.

"Hmph," and Sam, as well as Cory and Jeremy, turned her attention back to John, unsurprised as well.

"Yea, oops. Well, I really do need to call him so-"

Stephen walked out of Cory's room. "Arthur-while I have you on the phone-we need to talk," Stephen was not letting go, and Arthur groaned.

"Right now is really not the best time-" Arthur continued to try to brake the conversation off.

Stephen completely ignored his attempts. "This whole war business is getting pretty serious," he began.

"Yea…but I reeeally have to go," Arthur's voice got weaker as his father took off. Evelyn smiled mockingly at Arthur, perceiving his situation. He growled in response.

Stephen broke off his sentence, "Excuse me?"

"Not you…"

"Then, who's there?"

"No one dad, but I really have to go."
After he said "no one dad" Evelyn snarled loudly, to reveal his falsehood. she knew the wolf ears on the other end of the phone would here it.

"What was that?"

'Thanks' he mouthed at Evelyn. She smiled in response and he kicked her hard in the face as he answered his father, "Nothing-"

"Nothing?! Is that a vampire?! Arthur are you with a vampire?!"

"Like I said, I've really got to go…"

"Wait! What are you doing with a vampire?!" Stephen said as he walked back into Cory's bedroom. Everyone was looking at him.

"We've been hunting her, and now I've got her, and I really have to go." Arthur hadn't wanted to explain his situation, but if it got his father off the phone faster…

Unfortunately it did quite the opposite. "You have a vampire?" Arthur answered in the affirmative. "one you've been hunting? And the rest of your family doesn't know yet?"

"Yes, that's why I have to GO."

Arthur was ignored, "Arthur! You have to bring it here! quickly!"

Arthur laughed, surprised and confused. "What?! Are you joking?" Evelyn could hear what was being said on the phone and was surprised as well. However, she doubted much could be worse than being a guest of the Wylds. Things were beginning to look up for her. The werewolf had not taken steps to prevent her from healing yet. He had probably been planning on a quick phone call. If he didn't drive anything through her heart soon, she might be able to heal enough to surprise him and get away, and if that didn't work out, she might, if the wolf listened to his father, not end up in the hands of the Wylds. She listened carefully to the conversation.

"We need a vampire Arthur, if you've already got one, then you can bring it. Where are you?"

"The Texas-Arkansas border! And even if I wasn't, she belongs to the Wylds! You have no business with her."

"Now you listen to me! The Wylds may be your family, but we are too! We deserve your help just as much as they do! You can make it here before morning."

When Evelyn heard this she was even more surprised, it would take all night to get there? How far would he have to take her? she wondered.

"I think I would get there well before morning."

"So you'll come? Great! I'll tell Sam and your cousins, they will be glad."

"I didn't say I wou-" Arthur began, but at his sister's name, he stopped. "Sam? Samantha is with you?"

"Well, yes."

"She should be with mom," Arthur's annoyance was replaced by concern.

"She refuses to be anywhere else, but no need to worry. We keep her safe. I don't think she got even a scratch when the last pack of vampires attacked us," Stephen knew he had his son now. He and his nephews were not Wylds, and he knew Arthur would not allow his Wyld sister to be under such unsuitable protection.

"The last pack of vampires…" Arthur muttered. "Hang on a second." Arthur had been static for much too long, he needed to get out of there, and now he needed to make a decision. He was gone in a flash. Evelyn groaned as she realized what he must doing. She tried to sit up, but the wolf was already back, and driving a branch through her chest. Her breath caught and she slumped back to the ground. Alexander's plan had definitely not gone well. Arthur held the phone back up to his ear, but paused for a moment. Then said, "I'm coming," and he flipped the phone shut, shoved it into a pocket, scooped up his vampire prisoner and took off.

Stephen smiled, and then flipped his phone shut too. Success.

"Was that really necessary?" Cory asked.

"He's family Cory. I'd like our family to be together right now." No one else seemed to share his wishes in this case. Well Cory and Jeremy didn't, Sam's face was unreadable as always, John was still unresponsive, and Katherine had never met Arthur before. Her complete attention was still on John. "Cory, what happened to your friend?" Stephen changed the subject. "Don't you think she ought to explain a few things?"
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Laufeia hadn't moved from the window. She was deep in thought. When Cory left his bedroom, he saw her there, standing right where he'd left her. Before approaching her, he stood looking at her for a while, also deep in thought. Had she really lead the group of vampires that had attacked his family and nearly killed his brother, here, into their home? Why had he been so inclined to trust her? Was he crazy?

He went into the pantry. He grabbed a box of trash bags and a roll of duct tape, and then proceeded to the windows. "Gimme a hand?" he asked, offering a trash bag.

She looked down and turned her head slightly in his direction. He could see very little of her face. She took the trash bag from him, and together they covered the windows. Not another word was spoken. When the task was finished they stood in silence in front of the windows, watching the trash bags rustle in the wind. An hour ago music had been blaring to cover up the sounds of snarls and growls and crashes caused by the brawling werewolves and vampires. Now, the only sounds were the city bellow them and the rustling trash bags. Cory broke the silence.

"I saw them you know," he said it very quietly, then silence washed over them again. It took a moment or two for Cory to find the will to push forward. "You really are uncannily like a vampire." Laufeia made no effort to respond. Cory had to remind himself of the faith he had once been compelled to put in her. "Do you remember the conversation we were, well, hadn't quite begun actually, before we were so rudely interrupted?" Ever so slightly, she nodded. Finally Cory thought. "I think now would be a good time to continue."

Laufeia closed her eyes. Those were words she didn't want to hear. It was a conversation she didn't want to have, now more than ever. Opening her eyes she reached out for Cory's arm.

I owe you more than you know, but there is nothing I can tell you that you will like to hear.

"You…are…a vampire?" Cory asked, confused.

No.

"Then, what?"

There is nothing I can tell you that you will like to hear.

"Okay…" he said, "Then who is this, what did you call him? Victor something? and why has he attacked my family."

Victor Corrado is an old enemy of mine. An ancient, and nefarious creature, he is one of the most disgusting vampires in existence. He loathes my existence. Cory could feel the indignation she felt.

"Why?" Cory wondered.

We used to be allies. He kept his true nature hidden from me during that time. When I discovered how corrupt he truly was, I deserted him. That made him rather angry. He has been looking for me ever since.

"You mean, tonight was the first time he found you?" Cory asked, surprised.

No. It was much earlier today. He found where I live. I am sorry I lead him here.

"Naw, don't be sorry for that. We'd be proud to take care of one of the particularly nasty ones. It's what we do. A little warning would've been good though. It's good to know we're on the same side."

Then, I am sorry for not telling you about him. How is John?

"He'll be alright. He's a tough guy." Cory looked at the mess around him. There was still glass all over the floor, and the living room furniture was in complete disarray.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:07 pm

It took Arthur less than an hour to reach Marshall, Texas. He passed by to the east of it, running all the time through thick forest. The vampire he had captured lay limp in his arms. She was a mess of a vampire. Arthur had impaled a large tree branch through her chest, which of course had her paralyzed. Aside from the massive wound in her chest, there was another on her neck where he had bitten her, and until the branch was removed, neither of the enormous wounds would heal. Of course it didn't really matter. The wounds couldn't kill her, because she was a vampire, but it was painful.

The state in which Arthur left her did not surprise Evelyn. He was a Wyld, and Wylds were viewed by the vampires as a particularly disgusting clan of werewolves. What did surprise Evelyn was that he was not taking her to the Wylds. From the phone call Arthur had made she had gathered that his father was not a Wyld, and therefore his family on his father's side was not either. Not only that, but the father had convinced Arthur to take his vampire prisoner to them (whom Evelyn realized must be in Houston), instead of the Wylds. Why they wanted a vampire, Arthur and Evelyn had no idea. Arthur was more concerned about his sister's safety than that.

Arthur was pretty focused on what he was doing, but from time to time Evelyn would make an effort to rouse him. It took a lot of effort in her condition, but she could get the words out every few minutes or so.

"It might be easier for both of us, if you un-staked me you know" He ignored her. "Ahem, If you would just take one second…"

"SHUT UP!"

"Fine…"

"So you're like a half-breed, right? Are those common? Or are you some kind of a freak?"

"Is it really necessary to run the entire way? You can't afford to stop even once?"

"What will happen when the real Wylds find out the half-breed kid got a hold of the vampire they're after and made of with her? They might think we're eloping."

"Don't be absurd."

"So you can run and talk at the same time. I was beginning to think I was a fool for assuming a pup like you was capable of such a skill." He said nothing, but his face changed colors from red to purple. "Your face is purple, do you know that? You can't possibly run 260 miles at full speed without stopping. You'll never make it."

"You just don't want to end up abandoned in the middle of a forest," He replied.

"Yes, well, the branch and I would probably be there for a while."

Arthur really was straining himself to keep up the pace. The pair were soaked in his sweat, and Evelyn's blood, and when they reached the halfway point, Nacogdoches, Arthur's face was blue. South, and slightly west of Nacogdoches, he found Lake Kurth, where he finally stopped.

He dropped Evelyn to the ground, causing the branch piercing her chest to slide some. She winced a little, but made no sound. Arthur leaned into a tree, his chest was heaving. It was completely dark, sometime after 1 in the morning. He took about 5 minutes to catch his breath, and then picked Evelyn back up. He walked through a few feet of trees, and then they were at the shore of the lake. He set her down on the shoreline and stood looking at the lake.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise…" vowed Evelyn.

Gracefully, Arthur dove in. The water was cool, and refreshing. He resurfaced in seconds, and quickly looked back at his kidnappee. She, as she promised, had not moved. He smiled a little bit, and then swam back to the shore.

"Care to join me? You might enjoy it," he teased.

"I can hardly enjoy anything with this tree in my chest," she replied, coldly.

He laughed a little, "Suit yourself. The water's great." He dove backwards under the surface, and made an effort to splash Evelyn in the process. Then he swam back to the shore and stepped back onto dry land. He shook the water out of his hair. "We better go," and he picked up Evelyn again.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:12 pm

"I'm in Livingston. Can someone pick me up in Cleveland?………Have him call me when he gets there." Arthur flipped his phone shut and shoved it back into his pocket.

Back in Houston, Stephen closed his phone as well, "Cory, I need you to go pick up your cousin in Cleveland. You know the way right?"

On one hand, Cory didn't really like his cousin, on the other, he had been dying to get out and do something. So, a little reluctantly, he grabbed his keys and headed for his car. Laufeia joined him.

He lead the way to the garage where his venom red viper sat waiting for him. It wasn't like he'd only bought it yesterday or anything, but he couldn't help smiling just a little when he saw it. It was one of his favorite things in the world. They got in and he turned the key. The engine started and Cory's music started playing. Cory smiled again at the sound of the engine. The words to the music began as he left the garage.

Let the record play…

The streets were relatively clear at 3 in the morning and Cory got out of Houston easily.
Back to top Go down
strtrknaxdunivrs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
strtrknaxdunivrs

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:24 pm

The further they got out of Houston, the easier it was to speed. Cory expected, if he moved fast enough, the whole task would take about an hour. They would be home by 5 in the morning, only a few hours away from sunrise. Cory hoped that by then, they would be able to make some progress.

Cory sighed, "Arthur's not one of my favorite people. I'm not looking forward to meeting him."

The way you drive suggests otherwise. Her hand was on his arm before he had finished his sentence, and gone again just as fast.

Cory smiled. She was very right. "I like…to drive…" he explained, "fast. Besides, the quicker we get this done, the better."
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:57 am

Nearby, in the woods----------------->

"Forgive me," interrupted the young boy in a hushed voice, taking in a gasp and shuddering as the sharp fangs slid out from beneath his skin. Niccoli had, through their time together, almost grown accustomed to the feel of Reino's "kiss", but tonight seemed different. Reino was becoming rougher with him and tugged his veins too fiercely. Perhaps, this was his way of acknowledging that Niccoli was a growing boy. Still, the little lad couldn't imagine that the vampire understood any of the pain he experienced.
As a slick crimson line escaped from the corner of Reino's perfect lips, Niccoli met the hungry eyes and was certain that weakness was unknown to them. "What is it" urged he, with a predator's voice and a predator's stare, irritated by his companion's reluctance. "I-" he continued breathlessly, "I can't." Niccoli's vision wavered and he began to swoon, stumbling till he was pinned against a tree by Reino's ruthlessly insistent hands. His crystal blue eyes stared dully at the child's pained face, his cool fingers curled about his chin and turned it to expose the throat, whispering towards his ear, "You haven't been eating enough again... How do you expect to satisfy me when you, yourself, are unfulfilled?"
"Forgive-" he began again, but was hushed, "Don't let it happen again."
"I understand, master."
He let the body drop out of his hold and turned his eyes away from the pathetic display as the child reverted to his natural fetal pose. He began to walk away, smoothly, as to not disturb the fallen debris and keep his movement undetected. But, as anticipated, the little thing came crawling behind once he noticed and the mere fact that he noticed it made Reino stop. "You can't follow forever," he stated, matter-of-factly, for it was a fact. But the boy could not be deterred and panted, "That's because forever doesn't exist. "

"There is only Today..."
"No.." murmured the angelic monster, "No."

"For me... there is always Tomorrow".
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 12:28 pm

“Are they going to be doing this the entire time?”
The two guys were arm and arm, dancing wildly around the room.
“Probably”
They stopped and clinked their drinks with a happy shout. Haku shook her head and rolled her eyes.
“I still can’t believe he’s friends with a vampire…”
“You don’t like vampires?”

Addie looked warily at Haku. “No, not at all” Haku tilted her head a bit in question. “Not that I care all that much, but why?” The werewolf laughed. “Oh, you know… the cliché slaughter of a whole clan,” she shifted her gaze to the wall. “I was able to watch my entire family die right before my eyes…” Addie sighed, shaking her head.

“When… was this?” Haku took a sip from her glass. “I don’t remember anything about werewolf genocide in recent times.”

“Ah… too long ago, it doesn’t matter really.” Addie instead pointed over to the guys. “Then this man found me” She smiled to herself, somewhat lost in recollection. “A much more pleasant memory, I do believe” Haku smirked. “Is it now?” The implication was missed by Addie. Instead, she tilted her head in question. “Actually...”

Ethan had found his way to the table where the two girls were talking. He leaned lightly on Haku’s head with his drink still in hand. “How in the world did you two meet?” Addie smirked a little at the sight she was seeing. Haku’s face was traced with slight annoyance, and Ethan seemingly oblivious to it. The vampire wasn’t really so bad at all. In fact, the short time with him, Addie could see why he was Kieran’s friend. It was really too bad Ethan was the part of such a terrible race, and not to be trusted. Ever.

The two glanced at each other and shrugged nonchalantly. Ethan spoke as he pointed a finger. “I was wandering the Netherlands when I met him while in the streets.”

“Ah, THAT was an interesting day” Kieran sat down with a loud thud into his seat at the thought.

“Kieran here was in the middle of a brawl with some rouge werewolves… and I thought he would prove a fun fight.” He smirked at the thought, smacking his friend on the back. “Brawl? Those bastards wanted to fight eight on one. Hardly a fair fight; and I did nothing to start it, for that matter.”

Ethan gave him a look. “Like hell you didn’t start it. Although you might not realize this, but you start everything.”
“How?”
“You have the tendency to make men fairly angry.”
“…I do not.”
“You do.”
“They have no reason to be”
“You are the reason”
“Would you shut up and get on with the story?” Haku rolled her eyes at their antics.
“Fine, fine…” Ethan pouted. “You are entirely too impatient.” Addie hid a laugh. “You know,” she smirked, “he really does start everything” Kieran made a sound of protest, covering the girl’s mouth quickly. “Don’t you dare help him!!”

He twisted his gaze quickly to Ethan. “So we fought.” Ethan laughed. “We fought, and Kieran ended up almost tearing the town to pieces.”
“I was… a bit angry at that time” the werewolf gave a soft half-smile.

[back then ~~~ *]

A slightly annoyed Kieran stands over a young werewolf, his eyes flashing a warning look. “You shouldn’t have attacked me.” The boy on the ground was panting for breath, a scared expression painted on his face. A few of the attacker’s friends were lying scattered around him, groaning with aches and pains. “Why would you attack me?”

He pulled the male up by his shirt, bringing the almost crying face to his own. “You had absolutely no reason to,” his voice was filled with distain. “And to go as dishonest to try an ambush...? Worthless pups.” Tossing the boy back to the ground, he told them, “Lucky for you, I was planning to do something for this somber mood I have found myself in.”

A slow, menacing smile played across his lips. “And I would rather not spend my time killing the lot of you.” He dug his foot into the dusty cobblestone.

A light laugh burst out from above him. “You sound a bit like a vampire, silly dog”

He looked up. A pale young man in his twenties sat on a ledge above him, watching. “But I’ve been here awhile, now, and so I hope you realize that in your ‘bad’ mood, you pushed them first?” He dropped down to the ground in a fluid motion. “An accident, I am sure. You had a pained expression on your face. What’s wrong? Girlfriend break up with you?”

Kieran twitched a little at the last comment. Tilting his head to one side somewhat mechanically, he asked with a clenched smile, “And what would a vampire want with me, I wonder?” The man tussled his black hair a bit, laughing heartily. “Actually, I thought it would be fun to try and kill you. It has been such a long time since I found a victim that had any type of fight in him.”

The werewolf smiled at the chance to get out some of the anger he was harboring. “You chose a perfect time to ask, if you don’t mind death, vampire.” He stood up straight and met his opponent’s gaze. “Your name?” He smiled at his question, the respectful exchange now habit, thanks to a certain somebody of the past.

Dark black eyes stared back at him, almost dancing with entertainment, when he replied, “the name of your reaper would be Ethan”

“A pleasure” Spreading out into a fighting stance, he nodded his head. “Kieran. I don’t dance when I can help it, but I hope ‘death’ can keep up.” He smiled and rushed Ethan.

In a flash, Kieran swung his right arm to catch the vampire in the chest. Ethan was forced to the ground, surprised. His body created a heavy impact with the dirt floor. Wincing slightly, he gripped his adversary by the arm and placed his foot under Kieran’s weight.

With a yell by both men, Kieran was flung into the nearest building— and continued sliding until he finally stopped at the entrance to the next. Ethan stood up and panted slightly to shrug off the attack. He watched as Kieran picked himself up slowly and rubbed his head. “Well damn,” He pushed dark locks of hair away from his face. “You broke the band holding my hair up.”

They looked at each other from the three yard distance between them. Oh, yes, this would be fun. “That isn’t all I am going to break” Ethan decided to attack first this time, and ran toward him, closing the space. He was unarmed, but slashed at Kieran with sharp, unbreakable nails. The smell of blood was evident as the werewolf stepped backward.

A dark red stain could be seen growing on his shirt.
“That was a good hit”

He smiled as he gave the compliment, but then a dangerous flash came from Kieran’s green eyes, becoming unusually cautious. He kicked upward, missing Ethan’s head by mere centimeters. Ethan turned to try and catch his foot when he realized what the werewolf was trying to do. Sweeping his leg, Kieran caught Ethan by the neck, compelling him downwards. As he fell, Ethan made sure he wasn’t the only one.

“You are pretty good yourself”

They had hardly collided with the ground when both the men rolled away into a crouching position almost simultaneously. They continued trading blow for blow, every once in a while drawing blood from the other.

Every so often, one would praise the other for a particularly cunning move. It was almost… fun. Ethan jumped onto the roof of a building, turning to survey what he could do next. Instead he saw Kieran suddenly get hit from behind, getting knocked to the ground. He looked up with confusion, then anger as he realized it was the wolves from before that had interfered.

Kieran rolled onto his back dizzily before he felt a foot grind into his abdomen. He glanced up to find three of the pups from earlier. “Guess you wish you killed us now, huh?”

A low growl emitted from the fallen werewolf. His temper flew off into rage, and seizing the leg that had him pinned down, he sunk his very sharp teeth into it. The young werewolf cried out it pain.

“And you will wish you had never done that”

Leg bleeding, the young werewolf ripped away from Kieran. He followed, grabbing him. When he finally let go, the werewolf fell to the ground, dead and bleeding. Kieran turned to find Ethan dropping another pup to the floor. The vampire looked up and laughed. “Sorry, I just thought it was rude of them to interrupt our fight”

Kieran smirked. “You sound like somebody I know” Stretching widely, he started for the nearest bar. “I’m thirsty. You drink?”

“Never. Your treat?”

“Better than blood, promise.”

[Back to present ~~~ *]

Ethan picked his glass up, smiling broadly. “And that is how we became drinking buddies” He took a sip from his cup. “The end”

Haku stared. She stared for a while without speaking. She blinked a couple of times, then stared some more. “You two… are idiots.” She shook her head, as if in decision. “I’m done here, I have things to do.”

She got up and walked to the door. “Coming, Ethan?”

Addie breathed a sigh of relief. Her urge to kill the vampire had not gone away the whole time, although dulled somewhat from the drinks. Addie hiccupped. He turned his gaze to her. “I should take care of her. One drink and she’s tipsy”

Kieran waved a hearty goodbye to Haku and Ethan. “See you sooner than you may think.”

Last edited by amaSenpai on Thu May 22, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Niccoli lowered his eyes to the dirt, Yes, he imagined, forever is real for you... for you. But for me, today is all I have- all I can be sure of. And I don't want to spend it alone. Clasping his trembling hand around his wet throat, Niccoli managed to get to his feet and stagger forward, closing the gap that had been created between his master and he. Reino took no interest in his presence and acted as if he were not there. Niccoli's presence was just about as significant to Reino as the dirt beneath his feet. He knew it was there but it was not a subject in his thoughts. Once or twice, the boy would fall and lag behind. Reino kept walking unaffected and eventually the boy would reappear at his side, and although he didn't take the boy into mind, Reino was keeping an excessively mild pace when compared to the convenience of his supernatural speed. Perhaps a part of him wanted to see how far the child could be pushed, where his limitations lie. Having never been human before, Reino had next to no idea of their capabilities. Yet, by what he was witnessing, there didn't seem to be anything to be impressed by.

While Niccoli busied himself with keeping up, the forest was beginning to clear and the sounds of civilization came to his insensitive ears. They were nearing the edge of the wood when Reino slipped his hand into his jacket and presented a black cloth to Niccoli. When the boy raised his eyes in question, he instructed him to tie it about his neck as an ascot, not bothering to explain why, as it seemed obvious. In some time, for the child was slow, they discovered a rowdy bar. In their wretched conditions, Reino decided it necessary to enter and proceeded inside, determined to be satisfied.

"Here," he muttered, passing off a coin purse to his shadow, "Eat, so that this embarrassment won't be repeated." Niccoli stared a moment then eagerly peeked inside, hardly even shocked to see that there were pieces of real silver inside. He went off to a barmaid to do exactly as he'd been instructed; he needn't be told 'eat' twice. In the meanwhile, Reino advanced to the tables, crystal eyes sparkling with the fever of hunger. His attitude seemed to desire no one's attention, yet his extravagant attire and aristocratic presence quite nearly demanded it. He was the man that everyone knows, just by looking at him, deserves respect and admiration- for his beauty if nothing else.

Scanning the room for something tasty, the exotic Reino captured the eyes of a young blond and attempted to enchant her soul with an angel's smile. Taking an empty seat by an empty table, the vampire freed himself for her advances, patiently luring her into his web. As customary, a few other morsels decided to victimize themselves to his charms and, generously, he welcomed them all. A child just couldn't please him as much as the earlier generation could- things tend to taste better with maturation. After some time, quite a bit of attention was directed at him and his absurdly pure white garments that made him appear to be glowing- all of them like moths to the flame. Yet he wondered. Not of why he was attracting them, but why there were a few left that were not attracted... a few that resisted. A strange aroma caught his fine nose as he pondered, a sort of musky scent that belonged among animals yet was found around Man. The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Gackt076What was this smell and of what origin? It didn't coincide with the scene around him.

Then, with a knowing gaze, devil's eyes found her.
The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Gackt076-1
He didn't know who or what she was, he didn't need to. All he knew was that she was the one. She was different... she was something he'd never come in contact with before. He gazed at her for a time, too distracted by her enigma to stop the harem he'd collected from caressing him. It wasn't until their eyes met that Reino became conscious of his position amongst the intoxicated sensual kittens and wondered at her reaction. Human females were predictable and easily manipulated, but this girl... this thing he found... what would it do? Reino found exceptional entertainment in experimentation.

After so many centuries, what else is there worth doing?
Back to top Go down
amaSenpai
Contributer
Contributer
amaSenpai

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:32 am

The devil man had caught eyes with his immortal enemy.. although he did not know it yet. He was curious at what she was. The brown eyes that stared back at him didn't hold the same curiosity. Her gaze had innocently wandered to where all the woman were conjugating, and seeing the source, the look became clouded with distain.

A twisted light of amusement found it's place in his expression. This reaction was new to him.

Another figure blocked his view of the girl, a man. The man sat in the chair next to her. Reino observed with some amusement as she downed the drink she was given, making a face.

The man laughed. "Why drink it then?" he asked as he tapped her on the head in a friendly manner. Reino turned to face one of the more aesthetically pleasing morsels in his position, rewarding her with a kiss for being the closest woman to him. She murmured with delight, and attempted to pull him closer to her.

"Vampire" he heard the soft feminine growl full of disgust as he stopped the frisky blonde from advancing any further. So she was aware of what he was.

"You won't be able to do anything." The man was speaking now. "because you are not the type to involve innocent bystanders, now are you Addie?" The vampire sneered at his discovery. "Addie, then" he whispered.

She looked sideways in annoyance. Her eyes drew wide, almost childlike. She got up quickly and nearly rushed to the bar, where a young, disheveled boy was trying to barter for food.

The boy glanced up listlessly to the sudden presence beside him, took one look at addie, then continued what he was doing. "food" was his only word; he tried to press the silver coins into the bartender's hand. "We can only take cash" The man shook his head at the boy.

Addie's expression was troubled. She glimpsed at the bartender. "I can pay"
The boy gazed at her nonchalantly. She tried smiling. "I'm Addie."

He said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Withered_Roses
Contributer
Contributer
Withered_Roses

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Vampire... growled the thing, Reino's ears perked. The corner of his scarlet coated lips twitched the slightest bit, hinting at the malicious grin begging to be displayed. Instead, he busied himself with flesh and blonds, teasing them into a riot of desire, sliding his insidious eyes back to the furious creature who still glared at him from between the crowding bodies. So she knows me. It's confirmed then. She is not human. Nor is she vampire. But then, what is she?

What else is there?

As the impassioned women came about him, pressing themselves to his chill body, Reino raised his hand and curled it about one's chin, capturing her breath as he tilted her head and exposed her gorgeous throat. He sweetly caressed the space of throbbing skin with his soft lips, trailing a line of kisses, beginning to actually grin at this game. He knew she saw. His lips parted and he tasted her salty sweat and perfume on the tip of his tongue, feeling the eternal thrill chase through every fiber of his being. Even in play, he couldn't deny his own natural needs. He was so thirsty....

He took her. The woman swooned and let out a breathy groan, tangling her fingers into his copper hair as he tugged her delicious life source and tainted her body with his venom forever. The scent of her trapped him, he was lured deeper and deeper into her veins until, at last, he'd forgotten how to tell which body he belonged to. He drowned himself in her and for a second he really loved her, every vivid memory of her as a child, her becoming a woman, dripped into his mind and sent a spasm of feeling through his dessicated heart. It swelled into life, filled by the blood he continually stole from her. Everyone and everything became so beautiful then. All of life seemed to exist to bring him pleasure, each sense ludicrously heightened to the point that he, too, felt intoxicated. Tenderly, he withdrew, mindful of his pristinely white clothing, and cleaned his lips with a handy handkerchief. Warmth gushed inside him. For a moment, Reino marveled at the rejuvenating power blood had on his body. He felt whole, indestructible... god-like. Reino swallowed carnally, then set his glowing eyes on the next one- but paused remembering his watcher; casually stroking the blond hair that now lay limply across his lap. I wonder what she'll do... reiterated his thoughts, I've spilled blood before her. She'd be the only one who'd notice... the only one who'd care.

Reino's brilliant eyes turned to her spot at the bar far table, but found her missing. A light surprise roused him to a fuller consciousness, dispelling the erotic look on his face, instinctively prepared for a surprise attack, when he finally found her at the bar beside his youth. Again, the lips twitched for the want of a smile. Ah, a humanitarian... "Excuse me, ladies. I need to see a man about a dog" and with little effort he gave them the slip, though their tigress eyes prowled close behind him, still wanting the pounce.The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Gdv Now that he was properly fed, he indulged his confidence and approached them on a candid whim. The aristocratic vampire came beside it and the child, highly amused by the kindness of coincidence. Niccoli's eyes peered defiantly at the woman tempting him to speak to her, determined not to, until he felt the cold presence of his dark master. "Sir..." he whispered, surprised and a little downhearted, as his food hasn't been delivered quite yet and he anticipated it to be time to leave. But instead of 'Come', master said, "Purse" and extended his hand for the coin bag that had no place in Niccoli's possession any longer. The boy liberally gave it up. This did well to establish to the woman that the vampire and he were somehow connected. Keeping himself focused, Reino met the creature's eyes and greeted her with a lyrical voice,

"Good evening... Addie"

The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Cg06
His tone was dark and threatening; the feed always caused his voice to become huskier and rougher than it was normally. But instead of taking away from his elegance, it merely intensified the dangerous tension between them and contrasted his beautiful appearance. His undefinable accent poured gracefully from his mouth like the curling smoke of incense and brought attention to the two dainty fangs that flashed when he spoke. Reino was careful to strike up a conversation with her that practically screamed typical vampire. Assuming the demeanor of a prince, Reino turned his lips into a understanding grin and gestured to his kittens, knowing that their hearts would began to race when he did so. Listening to the heavy flutter, he exhaled breathlessly and intimately murmured
The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Gdb
"Ah, the children of the night... what beautiful music they make."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story Part 1   The Story Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Story Part 1
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next